SBRotator

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone use this and if so, what do you think about it?? Oh, I should add, is there another app that is better than SBRotator. I want my homescreen to rotate and was just trying to find the best possible app for it.

Last edited:

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i love... turns the iphone into the ipad where you can rotate things around. took a little tweak to decide how may icons/rows you want and icon size but worth it in my opinion.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
It's cool, but both times I've tried it, it kicked all my apps out of their folders, and also erased half of my folders, so I had to redo everything..

One tweak that does work perfectly is something called Switcher Rotator, it makes the multi-tasking tray work in landscape mode in all apps. It's not the home-screen but it's something.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Pretty cool but with theming this might be a drag. I know I had gridlock on my iPad and with the rotation of the screen the icons would screw up location one way or the other.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
weird... ive never had those issues... only one i had was there is an option to reduce icon size... i bumped it down to 85% of orig size so they didnt overlap and works mint from day one even after each update came out for it.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
weird... ive never had those issues... only one i had was there is an option to reduce icon size... i bumped it down to 85% of orig size so they didnt overlap and works mint from day one even after each update came out for it.

I don't know why it does it, the rotation part works fine, then there's also the issue of icon overlap, hopefully iOS 5 gives us homescreen landscape mode..

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
If you limit yourself to two rows of icons on the homescreen and put them on the top and 3rd row, when you rotate it, it looks very nice.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
SBSettings Toggle for SBRotator?

Is anyone having a problem with the SBSettings toggle for SBRotator? Since the last JB and reinstalling all my Cydia apps I cannot install the toggle. I get "Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed". I had it installed before 4.3.1 and redsnOw.

Update: As of Apr 9/11 SBSettings toggle for SBRotator has been updated and is compatible with 4.3.1

Any ideas?

BTW in response to the thread question, I'm a fan of SBRotator and it was one of the first JB apps I installed, it's great for landscape typing.

Last edited:

hbcbob573

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I like it, but it's a little buggy for me. My shading toward the bottom near the dock would dissappear every once in a while. And some little things like the folder icon name would appear when the folder was open. I dunno, but it's little things like that piss me off. Like I said, I like it, but I like my phone to be nice and polished too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2