need some help with my iphone 3gs
hello there im new here and i was wondering well by mistake i update to iso 4.0.1 and i didnt now backup so i was wondering how to jailbreak 4.0.1 on my iphone 3gs and as well as unlock
if anyone can help me
- 07-20-2010, 09:25 AM #2iPhone Intermediate
- 132 Posts
With what little information you provided I am going to say, no you can't jailbreak it.
However, if you answer the following questions and give us more information then it might be possible.
1) were you jailbroken before?
2) did you save shsh blobs for earlier firmwares?
3) what bootrom do you have?
4) assuming your 3GS is factory locked do you have access to an official sim card?
5) pc or mac?
- 07-20-2010, 10:51 AM #4
- 07-20-2010, 11:30 AM #6
- 07-21-2010, 10:24 AM #8
- 07-21-2010, 11:01 AM #9iPhone Intermediate
- 132 Posts
If you don't have your shsh blobs then you can not downgrade. If you can not downgrade then you can not jailbreak.
Be patient, allegedly comex is close to releasing a jailbreak for iOS 4 and 4.0.1.
Note, I asked what bootrom you have, not modem firmware. They are two entirely different things. However because you don't have your shsh blobs backed up knowing your bootrom doesn't help.