Have an iPod Touch 4....

theiphonewannabe

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Ran into an interesting issue that I have not seen or heard much about. I have been using an iPod Touch since the early days and a regular iPod before that, and I know this is not a iPod forum, but since both the iPhone and iPod Touch use iOS 4, I thought I might post it here.

Basically, I put new content on my iPod, whether it be movies, music, or podcasts, and when I disconnect (the right way of course :) ) it shows I do not have any music, videos or podcasts. It is really odd though that it shows I still have used 24gb of space.

This has happened three times in the 3 weeks I have had my iPod Touch 4.

I thus have a few questions....

1 - Has this ever happened to anyone here whether with the iPod or iPhone using iOS 4?

2 - If so, was it a defect or am I doing something wrong?

3 - Anyone here like tacos? (I had a third question, but I answered it already, but to maintain continuity, I had to add a third question to still have a few questions.)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love tacos.

Is the section "Other" where the primary memory usage is? If so, that is apparently a common issue from an older version of iTunes (not sure what version you are using). I would just do a restore and resync.

Reactions: theiphonewannabe

theiphonewannabe

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I love tacos.

Is the section "Other" where the primary memory usage is? If so, that is apparently a common issue from an older version of iTunes (not sure what version you are using). I would just do a restore and resync.

It's all in the same place it was at the beginning. I use the latest version of iTunes on a Windows 7 PC. I have done the restore 2 times and this will be the 3rd in 3 weeks. :( I am wondering if there is something I am not considering.

I guess I could go into the Apple store and have them take a look, but I don't have time to drive there till tomorrow.

Anyone else out there have any ideas on this?

(By the way, nice to hear about the taco thing.....)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple store will just look at it, check the water damage indicators and then give you a new one...one of my co workers bought the same iPod touch, had an issue with the Apps closing immediately after he tried opening them (which turned out to be a itunes account issue) but they didnt even look at it, just checked the indicators and snagged a new box and sent him on his way...luckily i was helping him sync it and saw the problem before.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2