Tapatalk Notifications

Sophos

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I noticed one of the recent updates to the iOS tapatalk app included push notifications. I have yet to actually receive a notification & I am wondering if anyone else has.

Cheers

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
******DISREGARD******I sent you a test PM at approximately 1:41 PM. I am assuming you didn't get a notification of it. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
See the attached screenshot & read the statement about push notifications.
aefc931e-9881-aa92.jpg

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Sophos

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
See the attached screenshot & read the statement about push notifications.
Click to view quoted image

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Thanks for your responses. I also noticed the statement about forums upgrading their plugins. When the tapatalk update first rolled out there where no toggles under the push notification section. I guess I assumed when the toggles appeared it meant that the forum had upgraded their plugins. For example, I am a member of 6 forums and only 2 of them have notification toggles (see screenshot). View attachment 16365

**edit** the forums not showing under notifications are: Rootzwiki, XDA, Howardforums, & Androidforums

Cheers

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
A bit unrelated. But I didn't want to start a whole new thread on it.

I'm noticing lately that when I reply to a post on Tapatalk, I'm not automatically being subscribed. This
was not the case in the past. I've checked all the settings and maybe I'm not seeing something?

Anyone else having this issue?

Sophos

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to revive such an old thread but I JUST received my first ever tapatalk push notification! :)

Cheers

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to revive such an old thread but I JUST received my first ever tapatalk push notification! :)

Cheers

Really! I wonder if the mods installed the Tapatalk plug-in. I'll see if I get notifications. Hopefully, I will. Thank you for the update and I hope you have a safe and pleasant day ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to receive any push notifications via Tapatalk and now I'm having problems getting it to display the first unread messages throughout the forums even though I have it set that way in the settings. I've changed to view the last posts and it does it superbly. I may have to delete the app and reinstall to see if that will clear it up. Wait. It's even doing it on my iPad. Something's not right. The problem might be server related.

UPDATE: I turned off push notification with the app's settings and everything is back to normal.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Sophos

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I may have jumped the gun.....I only received the one notification even though there have been multiple responses to several threads I am subscribed to. Oh well.

Bonne Chance

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to get push notifications. But alas, I rely on the email notification from subscribed threads to make me come to my Tapatalk app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2