Is anyone having the issue of their phone Freezing when messages are received?

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Message Freezing

Is anyone else having this issue the screen freezes when messages? I have to reboot to get it working again, it's very random.

Thanks in Advance

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Message Freezing

Yes. Accidentally sent text twice because of it. Sometimes killing messages app and reopening fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I think the 3rd party keyboards are causing my freezes on messages. I deleted them and had no freezes. I added SwiftKey back, and am having freeze issues again. Someone needs to fix this.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

anon9227349

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

I noticed when I had Swype installed, that would happen. I've since delete Swype, although I like the keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Seems like it's SwiftKey issue unfortunately.

I like using SwiftKey too much to give it up. I haven't noticed much freezing today. Not sure why not. But I'd rather use it and have to force close messages a few times a day. I don't like the stock keyboard at all. It keeps entering email addresses when I don't want them. And I can't read the predictive words very well. I wish we could choose the dark theme keyboard that's used on Spotlight Search.

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I agree and will stick with it for the time being I wonder if SwiftKey is aware of the issues / problem.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I agree and will stick with it for the time being I wonder if SwiftKey is aware of the issues / problem.

Probably. But it's not just SwiftKey. It does it with all the 3rd party keyboards I've tried. I also like TouchPal. But it freezes with it too. I think the fix will have to be from Apple. I've sent them feedback about the issue after each iOS 8 update. To here:
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

And I keep hoping the next update fixes it. It would be nice if Apple would at least acknowledge the problem. They may see it as something the app developers need to fix.