Got the 6+

Marven Massey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,
After many weeks/months of researching/deciding what to do between Android and iOS I finally purchased a 6+..I got the silver/white..I thought it was time to change it up as I've always had black phones...so far I am enjoying the phone and it just feels easy to use..While I like Android and will miss some things (many threads on this..) I am just wanted a device that works..part of the reason I went away from the iPhone was the screen size..now that they made a bigger phone I am back and liking it! I am more than likely going to with the entire Apple ecosystem..I had a iMAC which I had to sell due to lack of space..It was a great machine with just ONE cable..I didn't like iOS that much but then I didn't give it a fair shake I think..

I am having 1 issue though..I think it's been mentioned a few times but when my BT is on and connected to my car my notifications no longer work..it just goes silent..not sure if Apple is working on this one yet..

Oh yes I hope they keep this size avail for a long time..I have a 5 where I bought a few accessories that I am not using much..specifically a docking station..

PS has anyone tried the iPAD charger to see if the iPhone indeed charges quicker??

M.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on getting your new iPhone 6 Plus, and it always good to hear when members enjoy their Apple products. In regard to the Bluetooth issue, some vehicles experience it and some don't. My notifications (excluding calls) will not be heard in my car when connected and simply listening to the car's radio, however, if I'm streaming music from my iPhone or if it's connected via the USB port, I will then hear all notifications via my car's speakers.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Congrats and welcome aboard. You'll love the phone and enjoy the forums also. A lot of great people here.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
But i will need to plug in iphone lighthing usb cable onto ipad charger right? my ipad charger cable dont fit on iphone 6+.

as1974a

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Got my Iphone 6+ plus just over a month now. First Iphone ever. Since i have an Ipad dont have any problems getting used to the 6+ or apple functions. Just need to get used to the different system(functions etc) from Blackberry, as a phone. Can be frustrating when you are used to things and need to change.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The iPad charger does charge it faster. I only used it once or twice when I wasn't near my iPhone charger, but they definitely work. Not sure how good they are for long term, but doubt they will hurt the battery.

Marven Massey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
thx for all the grats and well wishes..I've been moving so I didnt get a chance to reply..I look forward to learning wayyyy more about Apple/iMACS and iPhones..

Illustrator Joe - its a 2011 BMW 335xi

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
thx for all the grats and well wishes..I've been moving so I didnt get a chance to reply..I look forward to learning wayyyy more about Apple/iMACS and iPhones..

Illustrator Joe - its a 2011 BMW 335xi

Try clearing all the bluetooth data out of the in dash computer. And try again. I used to work at a car dealership and 9 times out of 10 it was the in dash computer acting up and not an Apple/Android/WindowsPhone issue. Clearing the memory and resyncing almost always worked.
Last ditch effort "clear all settings" under the iphone settings will most likely work if everything else fails. Though doing that is a bit of a PITA if you have set lots of custom settings.

jtmo3

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
As far as the car notifications, go into setting, then bluetooth, then tap on the i by your cars connection, Then, there should be an on/off for show notifications. Make sure it is on. Fixed my issue in my ford.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77