My Personal Experience With Updating my 4S to iOS 7

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
After reading other member experiences from day one on to today I decided against my usual way of updating to a totally new OS and not wait my typical month - I KNOW!!! I went and bit the bullet and prayed to a good clean mistake free DL. That is what I got. From the time I tethered my phone to iTunes until a totally completed install it took 16 minutes and I sat here the entire time as I normally do for a new OS so I was shocked and blown away and of course pleasantly surprised. I went through the entire OS afterwards and only one item I had to change but everything else went totally unchanged and so therefore I am so far 100% satisfied. :)

​[EDIT] Lock Screen was done by a member for me since I am a Leo and scaled for a second one to use when I get my new 5S next month. This turned out so well I may have to move that date up a bit...LOL :yes:
PS This update is performed on my 4S for clarity.

IMG_0182.PNGIMG_0183.PNG

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Outstanding...;)
Thank you Don and 'D both of you. This has got to be a record for 16 minutes with -0- errors. LOL i am still blown away.... %s yep right around the corner. Ordered my case and an extra charging cable yesterday from Michelle with our paychecks we got from last month hey DON? Right. See it does pay to be part of this group and do well...LOL :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried ios 7 on a 4s ? Any bugs ? Any lag or battery drain ?
OK this is the 4S forum. I am on a 4S and it is noted on my updated under my avatar the I am running iOS 7/4S so I would think that would answer your question but just in case Yes i am and so far in 24 hours that are no bugs or problems. Maybe I will place 4S in my original post although everyone else figured it out. :)

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I did the update on my 4S the day it came out. I had the issue where Facetime an iMessage were not activating. I did a restore and that fixed that. All in all I am liking it.

micaels

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Nice! I had to restore it manually and load it onto my friends iPhone 4S where the update did not go aswell as hoped.

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
OK this is the 4S forum. I am on a 4S and it is noted on my updated under my avatar the I am running iOS 7/4S so I would think that would answer your question but just in case Yes i am and so far in 24 hours that are no bugs or problems. Maybe I will place 4S in my original post although everyone else figured it out. :)

My bad....I just clicked on featured threads and this one came up.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had some app crashes with iOS7 and 4s. Safari crashed a few times. All in all its good on the 4S. But I cant wait to get a 5s

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
OTA on release date.
1 hour for iPhone & 3 fails
40 mins for iPad with several fails.
All is well now except for battery. Gotta do some investigating.

Good Luck

Shijo George

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Updated on my 4s and I regret it. There is a minor lag. And it irritates me. Similar to the issues android phones have. Lag is predominant while switching between apps , new message while it opens, forwarding text messages ........the screen stutters a bit. I hope apple will fix this problem.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I did the update the minute I was told to do it on my Laptop I Tunes. All went great, no hiccups and other than the fact that my battery life suffered, I fixed that 2 days later and BINGO all is roses in my Apple domain !!!!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have iCloud completely off... I think that makes a difference...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

propflux01

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been a total hell. I have lost the sync and charging abilities in 2 phones so far. I have not had any issues with excessive battery drain or anything, but neither will charge or sync/connect to a computer unless the phones are turned OFF while hooked up. Other than the ugly interface of the new system, this is the only major problem I've had. Sad thing is, I took it to the Genius store and was pretty much told it's a hardware issue, sucks to be me. I argued software issue and got the "It cannot be, I've never seen software cause this". Until I showed him a Google Search of 'Iphone 4s will not charge or sync after IOS7'.

Been through all the cable swap, restore, etc. Just sad that I update two different perfectly-working Iphone 4S's on two different computers only to lose both of them and get told "Oh well." If youe thinking about an upgrade, I would seriously wait unless your planning on upgrading anyhow or just seriously lucky.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77