Iphone 4s replacement screen wont fit

KyVang

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a replacement screen for my verizon Iphone 4s. Took the phone apart successfully but when I tried to attach the new screen, the screw holes for the new screen didn't line up with the ones with the old, so it didn't fit onto my iphone.

I then watched a you tube video comparing the parts of an iphone 4 and iphone 4s to see if the seller or myself made any mistake but the screw holes on the left and right were in the exact same position on both iphones. I have a verizon iphone and the listing I purchased the screen from said that it should be compatible with both CDMA and GSM networks.

I added photos of both my old screen and the new screen i purchased, and you can see on the closer sides of the iphones have the screw holes in different places. One with near closer to each other near the top of the phone and the other all 3 screw holes are spread apart in the same distance.

Any insight on what type of screen I would need to purchase or why my screw holes are in different spots that any other iphone4/iphone4s. Thanks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The issue you're having is that the iPhone 4's setup was different between the CDMA and the GSM carriers...The replacement one you have pictured is an iPhone 4 replacement screen, but for the GSM phone...you need the 4S setup that was the same for both the CDMA and GSM carriers (which has the different screw hole pattern) or the CDMA iPhone 4 setup (which has the same screw hole pattern).

I think you can replace the plastic bezel and it will work with what you have now, but im not 100% sure on that.

Last edited:

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
If the pic on the left is your old screen I hate to break it to you, but you don't have an iPhone 4S. You have a Verizon iPhone 4, which is why the tension hooks are situated differently in the display assembly you purchased.

You can take the frame from the old display assembly, and transfer it to the new one though. The digitizer / LCD itself is compatible between the 4 and the 4S

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2