Question Brightness in sunlight

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Please spare me the stuff about turning off the auto brightness and turning up the brightness.
I have had every iPhone since the 4. Up to the 13.

When outdoors in sunlight and just a little bit of heat, the screen gets very dim to the point it is unusable. Brightness is turned all the way up.

This isn’t a problem with my phone. Every iPhone I have owned has done this.

Is there any solution to this?

Reactions: allipki

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Maybe it’s just so bright outside that you can’t see the screen on your device.

Been there, done that.

I have to put my back to the sun and place my phone in the shadow of my body to see my screen.

And I’ve had every iPhone since the 7S+ with the same dilemma, and also all the Android devices before that.

allipki

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Please spare me the stuff about turning off the auto brightness and turning up the brightness.

When outdoors in sunlight and just a little bit of heat, the screen gets very dim to the point it is unusable. Brightness is turned all the way up.

This isn’t a problem with my phone. Every iPhone I have owned has done this.

Is there any solution to this?
I do experience exactly the same issues with dimed screen in sunlight with 70+F outside, no good solution I guess

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

But while I’m thinking about it, have you tried turning off auto brightness and turning the brightness all the way up?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As others have said, I have had every iPhone since the first model was introduced along with several Android and BlackBerry devices and they all have the same issue in bright sunlight.

I have just learned to deal with it and find a spot with some shade when I have to check any notifications.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One would think a trillion dollar company could produce a screen that doesn't behave that way in sunlight. Must be more difficult than it seems. That is, and still have the great magic iPhone screen we love.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77