AirPlane mode overnight

newiphoneuser

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Recently I realized that having my iphone wake me up was much easier if it were next to me on my window sill. I realize that having a phone next to me while sleeping is probably detrimental to my health so I was wondering if I put my phone in airplane mode, does the alarm still go off? And more importantly, if I get a text message while in airplane mode, does it get delivered as soon as I take it out? I wouldnt want to miss any texts.

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think having a phone next to you while sleeping would be truly detrimental to your health.

That being said, yes the alarm should still go off and text messages should come in when you turn airplane mode off.

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
interesting.. mind expanding on this?

I think he's referring to the claims that somehow the data coming to/from your phone will somehow cause you harm.

From what I've read, they haven't found any real link between any illness and cell phone usage.

Crypton

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
... And more importantly, if I get a text message while in airplane mode, does it get delivered as soon as I take it out? I wouldnt want to miss any texts.
SMS is not a very reliable service. Afaik the providers do not guaranty the delivery of each message, at least here in Germany.

newiphoneuser

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
interesting.. mind expanding on this?

I don't see the need to expand on this because I'm sure you must have yourself somewhere in your life read about the possibility of radio waves coming in and out of your cellphone as possibly being harmful. Now I do not have nor will I look for links confirming this because research in this field is inconclusive and for every article I find confirming this, you can find one denying it. But until it can be proven that radio waves do not cause harm I think I'll play it safe. No I will not wear a alluminum foil hat but sleeping next to a phone near my head has caused me to have headaches before, hence my inquiry about airplane mode.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my belief is that the jury is still out on this one. like you have mentioned, there are reports on both sides so now it becomes more of a "what do you believe" situation

IF you are that worried about it why not just put your device in another room at night and go to a traditional alarm clock.. wind-up maybe?

WeRuleCheats

Apr 7, 2011
www.werulecheat.com
The alarm definitely goes off, one thing about the iphone that i thing apple should really implement? Be able to turn the phone off, but, an alarm turn the phone on and sound. Before I had iphones I had nokias, they did this trick, it's sorely missed!

clairejoey

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
When you put your phone in airplane it disconnects from the phone network so you definitely do not get text messages whilst this mode is turned on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2