Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

3,337 Posts

Lightbulb How Long Does Your Restore Take

I just restored my iphone and I don't even use 1GB of memory and I restored from back out and took around 1 1/2 - 2 hours to finish anyone else have this problem. Or know what I can do to fix.
    iMore Newbie

49 Posts

yup, just seems to drag and drag on. This is not unusual, no worries.
    iMore Pro

722 Posts

Restore takes about 10 minutes (maybe 15) restoring from back up, another 10, re-syncing takes about an hour for about 6GD worth of apps, music and videos.
    iMore Newbie

47 Posts

it took an hour or so for me too!
    iPhone Newbie

22 Posts

It takes mine about an hour or so but the longest part is for sure syncing all of my music,videos, photos, and apps!!
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: How Long Does Your Restore Take

well i have a jailbroken iphone 4s and it has been "restoring from backup" for about 18 hours now! what do i do? what is going on?
    iMore Intermediate

443 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts

It surely is taking longer than usual for me also. I don't know if it is with the new version of itunes or what, but it is taking a while.

How many apps are in your back up?

Longest I have ever waited for full restore was about 30 min. but it was a lot of applications.. Still I could use the device as normal was that was going on.