Create an SMS "group" for frequent texting?

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
This may be out there already, but the word "group" is too common, and the search function complains that "sms" is too short for a search term...

On my WinMo phone, I have a group of 11 phone numbers that I frequently have to send a mass text/sms to. (Okay, so WinMo doesn't really support having a "group" like this without add-on software, but you can make it work by keeping a text message in your saved folder that contains all of the contacts/numbers that you want to mass text.) Is there a way to do this on an iPhone? It would be a real pain to have to manually add all 11 phone numbers every time I have to send out one of these mass text messages. Before I figured out how to do this on my WinMo phone, I always ended up sitting there trying to figure out what one or two people I had forgotten to include.

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I haven't actually tried this but try sending the mass text, then in the conversation window hit reply to send another text to the same people. If it's that easy, then you'd just have to keep that one conversation open without deleting it.

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Hmm... my WinMo sms app doesn't save the entire list of recipients in one conversation, but instead treats the mass text as several individual conversations all starting with the same body text (which is preferable so that replies don't get all jumbled up). Does the iPhone's mass text feature keep all of the recipients in one convo? That would possibly solve my problem, but it sounds like it could cause other issues...

Oh, and according to the App Store description, ABContacts does not provide group text. =( But it still looks like a cool app that I may consider when/if I get an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2