Can I update the iOS on my 3G?

gwsmith

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3G and the 4S. I have upgraded one of my computers (windows7) to handled iOS5 for my 4S. My questions is I have another computer (win XP) that I have been using for my 3G. Can I upgrade my XP to iOS 5 and another question can my 3G handle the new iOS5? what would happen to my apps on my 3G? Glenn

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3G and the 4S. I have upgraded one of my computers (windows7) to handled iOS5 for my 4S. My questions is I have another computer (win XP) that I have been using for my 3G. Can I upgrade my XP to iOS 5 and another question can my 3G handle the new iOS5? what would happen to my apps on my 3G? Glenn

There is no IOS5 upgrade for the 3G. So you wouldn't be able to upgrade it. The oldest phone that got IOS5 was the 3GS. I am not sure about updating the itunes on your computer. I would assume that it would still work for IOS4 for the 3G, but I am not positive on that.

Reactions: gwsmith

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site

If you are on iOS 3.1.3 with your iphone 3G, I would stay there. The iphone 3G with iOS4 was too slow. On the other hand, the iphone 3GS is fine with iOS4 and ok with iOS5(based on friends who are using it).

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

JAGWIRE

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got my fiance a 3G iPhone. I was told it is jailbroken. I have never owned an Apple product before and have done very little research on it. seeing how she now has an Apple product so i need to learn this stuff LOL.

so jail borken means that it will work on any carrier, correct? does this also mean that i can put an iOS that normally it doesnt hold? or am I stuck at 4.2.1?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2