Which Ipad should I get?

Becksabee

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to buy an IPad and I'm wondering which model and capacity would be right for me.

My PC Laptop is on its last leg and I'd like the IPad to replace it. I have an Iphone 5s, which I consider my primary device, but sometimes I do want to use a bigger screen. My IPhone is 16gb and I have 8gb free. To be honest, I don't do a whole lot online. It's mostly checking e-mail, browsing internet/reading blogs, online shopping, taking pictures of my son. I do read on my phone via the Kindle app also.

My husband's boss was looking to sell his 1st generation IPad and I really liked the screen and weight of it. I ended up saying no to that because I want to be able to upgrade to ios8. I was thinking of the IPad 4, but I'm open to other ideas as well. I'd like to stay under $500.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to buy an IPad and I'm wondering which model and capacity would be right for me.

My PC Laptop is on its last leg and I'd like the IPad to replace it. I have an Iphone 5s, which I consider my primary device, but sometimes I do want to use a bigger screen. My IPhone is 16gb and I have 8gb free. To be honest, I don't do a whole lot online. It's mostly checking e-mail, browsing internet/reading blogs, online shopping, taking pictures of my son. I do read on my phone via the Kindle app also.

My husband's boss was looking to sell his 1st generation IPad and I really liked the screen and weight of it. I ended up saying no to that because I want to be able to upgrade to ios8. I was thinking of the IPad 4, but I'm open to other ideas as well. I'd like to stay under $500.

An iPad Air 2 with 16 GB seems alright for ya. But if you want more ample space just in case, the next tier would be the optimal choice.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If money is an option go with the air 32 gig. Memory isn't upgradable and what's good enough now may not be 6 months from now. Don't limit yourself.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Like what Phreddyl said don't limit yourself.

I had an iPhone 4s 16gb for 3 years I was getting close to capacity on it for the past year. I picked up a 6 Plus 64gb because 16 was too small. I also ordered an Air 2 (going all out this year) 64gb because I plan on getting interactive learning apps for my daughter and you never know how big they will get. I also plan to put movies on it you never know when those will come in handy.

It's not a hell of a lot more to quadruple the storage so I do suggest you go for the step up. Also each version of iOS takes up more room so essentially you have less and less room as time goes on.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

For what you want, then the best deal for you is to get the iPad Mini 2 32GB for $349.

It'll be perfect for what you need.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I think if it's going to replace a computer you need a fair amount of storage. I'd go for at least 32GB. If you want to carry it around with you then a mini will be a better option. If you just intend to use it at home then perhaps a larger screen?

If you just intend to surf the web and check emails etc then maybe you don't need the horse power of the iPad Air 2.

I'd recommend:

iPad mini 2 32GB/iPad mini 3 64GB if you want to take it out and about with you regularly.

If you intend to use it mainly at home then the 32GB iPad Air would be a good option.

I am in a similar position. My laptop is also on its way out. I don't really use it much anyway. Probably once every two months or so and its nothing that I couldn't do with an iPad/iPhone. I'm also fed up with windows machines. They need a lot of maintenance and there is always one thing or another wrong with them.

I've now got an iPad Air 32GB. This will be my main computer for home use.

I also have an iPad mini 3 128GB and iPhone 6 plus 128GB for on the go usage.

My boyfriend who lives with me has a Samsung Galaxy tab pro 10.1 and is going to buy a chrome book for his own usage.

I'm intending to use my iPads for now whilst I save up for a MacBook Pro. However I think that my iPads and the other computing devices in my home will be sufficient until I get the MacBook.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't even read anymore than the title and hands down you should get the mini 2 or air 32gb (just depends on which side you prefer)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2