iPad 3 Dock Connecter Problems

Jesse Goodrum

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I recently purchased an iPad 3 on eBay that was broken for a screaming deal, saying that the dock connector needed to be replaced.

When I got the replacement connector I opened it up and replaced it, plugged it in and nothing... Didn't turn on, or show up in itunes.

I figured the battery was past dead, and needed to be charged for a couple hours, but hours past and still nothing.

After being on the charger for 2 more days, I came back and tried turning it on again.

And it fired up!

But it says that the ipad is disabled for 22million minutes, so I figure I will just put it in recovery mode and reset the ipad.

The ipad will not connect to itunes on my macbook pro. I plug it in, and no messages pop up, not recognized. The battery life meter says that is not charging either, even though it must have charged over the 2 days it was on the charger, right?

I took it to the apple store, they could not get a connection either. They told me the connector must be broken, because the ipad is not getting a charge at all, and not connecting to 4 of their computers, with 4 different cables.

But how does the pad turn on when I connect the charger if the dock isn't working? I can hold down home and plug in, and it will go into recovery mode, so it has to be getting some power. I have taken everything out, and cleaned all of the contacts and re seated all of the connections. I also took a voltage reading of the battery, and it reads 3.7 like it should.

Can anyone help me out here? I guess the replacement dock could have been broken too, but doesn't seem likely...

Im stumped...

czersue

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
What have i missed.... Ipad 3 4g not charging...

I have a well loved, heavily used ipad 3 that stopped charging and ran out of battery and died completely... even though plugged into charger for many, many, hours. Initally, I plugged into a charger. it said it is charging for a second or so and then said not charging. I haved tested with multiple cable, blocks, wall outlets that have worked previously. I have hard reset it, master reset it, restored it with itunes and set up as new... Yes the pc sees it. I did a remote quick test before it died and brought it to the genius bar. They said, after plugging it in to a pc for testing that i had a charging port problem.. I replaced the charging port and battery...( face it, that was just a matter of time since it is about 3 ys old... I was on borrowed time and if your going to bother opening it up, it would just be silly not to do the battery also!) I also replaced the wifi antennea ( figured it was unlikely to survive disassembly). Put everything back together except for the final adhering of the touch screen.... plugged it in... it turned on.... but I still have the original problem! it sees the charger for a second or so then says not charging..... What did I miss?

Posted via the iMore App for Android