iPad2 software update ios5.1

Angie68

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I am tring to update to ios5.1 and cannot see the software update under the general update. The current version is 4.3.3. How can I update without the software update option. Can you please help?
Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you connected to the Internet when you check for the update? Alternatively, you can connect your iPad to your computer, initiate the iTunes app and let it check for and install the update.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I am tring to update to ios5.1 and cannot see the software update under the general update. The current version is 4.3.3. How can I update without the software update option. Can you please help?
Thanks

I believe that OTA wiill only work if you already have IOS5 or later on your phone. So you will need to update first by connecting to ITunes on your computer.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
That's what I had to do. As soon as I connected my iPad2 to my Macbook and iTunes started, it did the update to 5.1.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe that OTA wiill only work if you already have IOS5 or later on your phone. So you will need to update first by connecting to ITunes on your computer.

You are correct. OTA updates were introduced with iOS 5 and I should have remembered that when I initially replied. ;)

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2