Will updating to iOS 4.3.2 take away multitasking gestures on iPad 2?

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone out there on TiPb!

I went to the Apple Store a couple of days ago to ask them to enable multitasking gestures because I don't have a Mac and I have a PC. So they enabled it for me. Since there is a new iOS update (4.3.2), I don't want to go to keep on going to the Apple Store every time there is an iOS update for them to enable multitasking gestures. So I just want to make sure if I update my multitasking satires won't be gone after I update even when I backup everything on my iPad. Plus I am awaiting for an iPad 2 jailbreak. I just hope they won't be gone after I update because I had to go all the way down to the OKC Apple Store. I will appreciate any help from anyone at TiPb! Thank you all for your time!

Remember! Any help will be appreciated! And thank you all for your time!

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about 4.3.2, but when I went from 4.3 to 4.3.1 I did not loose my gestures. I will be upgrading to 4.3.2 tomorrow so if you can wait I will let you know.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
How do you guys like the multi-gestures? I'm gonna update my iPad 2 tomorrow and will probably enable the gestures.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i love it... nice to close what your using and i wish if nothing was open and i was on main homepage that i could use the 4 finger to swipe between all open apps. only seems to work for me when something is open that i can swipe through all the apps.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
can you only do it with xcode 4? I have xcode 3.1? nvm answered my own question no it has to be 4.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
you don't xcode. I did it using the backup/restore method and updating the plist.

SIDE NOTE: I am upgraded to 4.3.2 and my gestures are still functional.

apeligros

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i did it on 4.3.1 with windows ibackuobot method

so if i upgrade tyo 4.3.2, the gesturres will be still there activated? Did u do the same method in windows writting the two extra lines on the plist?

Thanks and hoping your answer!!! thnaks!

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
so if i upgrade tyo 4.3.2, the gesturres will be still there activated? Did u do the same method in windows writting the two extra lines on the plist?

Thanks and hoping your answer!!! thnaks!

Yes. Updating the plist and restoring. I did that on 4.3. I upgraded to 4.3.1 and the gestures stayed. Today I updated to 4.3.2 and the gestures still work fine.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
BTW, to be more specific, I did not edit the PLIST settings to do this. I used Xcode at the Apple Store because I don't have a Mac. But I know how to do that but I think it is too risky for my iPad 2 to get stuck into recovery mode. So, any tips without editing the PLIST settings?:)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol yeah I can see how that would be a problem. I still am half used to getting back to the homescreen without hitting the Home button but I will learn it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2