Printing From iPad 2 Question

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I know you can print wirelessly with an AirPrint enabled printer with the iPad 2 but I wanted to know if it is possible to print with the wired USB cable plugged into the iPad 2 and then plugged into the USB port of the printer.

Thanks in advance for your help

seismik

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not totally sure where you're going with that, so this may be off target - but there is a very cheap app out for your PC called FingerPrint that will let you easily print to the printer connected to your PC. I print from my iPad all the time to my non-Airplay compliant printer. You can also print to a Dropbox folder on your PC if you've got one.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
i think it could work if you found a way to install the drivers for the printer but thats the only reason it doesn't work

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You would need to jailbreak, install compatible printer drivers, and hack the iOS print routines to make your USB option show up on the printer menu...

The short answer is no. Printing out the USB port is not supported.

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so if the printer is set up through the wireless network you still can't print to it. How are you suppose to print? I just have a reg hp printer....

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so if the printer is set up through the wireless network you still can't print to it. How are you suppose to print? I just have a reg hp printer....

I assume u have a reg computer as well there is some programs u can install on your pc and it will basically shares the printer on the network as a AirPrint printer that way when I print it gets routed to the computer then to the printer .. With a non air print printer that is your only option a regular wifi printer will not work

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

cclement

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you looking for a exe file? That's the type of file you download to install FingerPrint. The OSX zip is folder- but the Windows download is a exe file.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have a iMAC and run AirPrintactivator. The only thing is I have to have it running in the background and my iMAC on in order to print from my iPAD 2.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2