Screen lights up no notifications

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
So I'm not even sure where to ask this question, since it has been happening for years I figure this is as good as place as any. I like to listen my my iPhone in the car, streaming radio, music, podcasts, what have you. The screen goes dim while playing but never off. This is normal in my experience. What I find weird however is that for some reason from time to time my backlight chooses to light up bright, almost like I am receiving an incoming call, only nothing happens. This is not a huge annoyance just has me questioning what exactly is happening.
The other night however this happened on my wife's phone for the first time, at least the first time she has ever noticed it. The difference being she wasn't using her phone at the time it was on the table asleep then lit up like a text message had came in. None had. Does anyone know what causes this? Is this some sort of iOS behavior that we are unaware of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any other iOS devices in the home. Mac, iPad? etc?

If they are setup to get messages, then it will pick up the message first. If read somewhere else on the Mac. The device will wake but will not display message on home screen. If the message is not read some where else then it will show up on the iPhone. Hope that makes sense.

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this very rarely. Like my screen will power on but I have no notification. it's like 1 in 180 days this random occurrence happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll