Moving from a Blackberry

SWardy

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I have had a blackberry for the last few years and have got used to the push email.

I want to move to an iphone but can't find out how many non-exchange email accounts I can use with the phone. At the moment I have 2 accounts from my own email servers.

Can anyone help??

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I know it only supports 1 exchange setup but I'm not sure how many non-exchange email accounts it can support.

I know I can setup at least 1 more email account and I already have one.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm...I don't think there is a limit to how many non-exchange email accounts you can have. Most I have tried is 5...

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Funny, they don't say anything in the UG - so I would agree with jamesus - probably as many as you want to add for POP/IMAP. But I believe 1 is the limit for Exchange. As far as I know, the Pre is the only phone that touts the ability to support multiple Exchange accounts.

SWardy

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Does the iPhone support push email for non exchange or mobile me emails, or can you link your normal email to a mobile me account?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Does the iPhone support push email for non exchange or mobile me emails, or can you link your normal email to a mobile me account?

Push is supported only if the provider supports push. You can forward your email to a Mobile Me account if you wanted push notification for a non-push enabled account.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Blackberry is (for exchange at least)
1<->1. you can have your account on one blackberry, one blackberry per account.

exchange is many->1. one account on many devices.

you can have multiple mobileme email accounts on the same iphone as well. nobileme contacts/calendars can only sync to one mobile me account, however

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8