ios 9 stuck on slide to upgrade and more..

I

iMore Question

My iphone 5s was acting crazy and slow recently then i suddenly got an update to ios9 so i did it via wifi. After that it upgraded it got stuck on the slide to upgrade screen and it is not sliding. I did a little research about it and was glad to know im not the only one whose facing this problem. It then asked me to plug it into your computer and if you havent backed it up the do the back up using itunes first and then restore it. But theres another problem that i have never backed up my phone and now when i clicked on back up it is backing up but its been 4 hours it still says backing up. I went to the apple store and they asked me to back it up yourself or else all data will be erased. I have really important contacts and im very worried. Please kindly help

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My iphone 5s was acting crazy and slow recently then i suddenly got an update to ios9 so i did it via wifi. After that it upgraded it got stuck on the slide to upgrade screen and it is not sliding. I did a little research about it and was glad to know im not the only one whose facing this problem. It then asked me to plug it into your computer and if you havent backed it up the do the back up using itunes first and then restore it. But theres another problem that i have never backed up my phone and now when i clicked on back up it is backing up but its been 4 hours it still says backing up. I went to the apple store and they asked me to back it up yourself or else all data will be erased. I have really important contacts and im very worried. Please kindly help

Your phone should have backed up automatically if you have plugged it in and turned it off on WiFi. Did Apple check your iCloud account to see if you had a back up? They did me over the phone. I had 3 back ups. Your phone should be set to back up that way by default. You would have to have toggled "auto back up" off for it not to.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
According to iMore and several other sources I have read, They all recommend doing a backup even if you have not do one and then restart and even if a new backup it will force flush the junk and any fragmented pieces as well and presumably take care of this problem.

faaya

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Its me again. I have never backed up my phone on itunes or icloud. The only problem is it is taking a lot of time for the back up. Is that okay? Because its been 4hours it still says backing up. Its 16gb and the memory is almost full so i understand it would take that much time I guess? Please let me know should I try to keep it over night or something? Thanks again.

faaya

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
s me again. I have never backed up my phone on itunes or icloud. The only problem is it is taking a lot of time for the back up. Is that okay? Because its been 4hours it still says backing up. Its 16gb and the memory is almost full so i understand it would take that much time I guess? Please let me know should I try to keep it over night or something? Thanks again

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Its me again. I have never backed up my phone on itunes or icloud. The only problem is it is taking a lot of time for the back up. Is that okay? Because its been 4hours it still says backing up. Its 16gb and the memory is almost full so i understand it would take that much time I guess? Please let me know should I try to keep it over night or something? Thanks again.

s me again. I have never backed up my phone on itunes or icloud. The only problem is it is taking a lot of time for the back up. Is that okay? Because its been 4hours it still says backing up. Its 16gb and the memory is almost full so i understand it would take that much time I guess? Please let me know should I try to keep it over night or something? Thanks again
It should not take that long to back up and taking care of your main issue which was the reason for this question so I would do as ZI answered you and if it works like it should - Great!
If not then restore your phone after a proper backup and that should also do it. Let us know what you did and what happened.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2