Changing my address on iTunes to a United States address, can it actually be done?

tmlfan4life

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Last month on August 15th a brand new app released that I wanted to download called Shop Disney Parks, however it was only released to those in the United States and since I'm from Canada I can not download it. Now I tried changing my address listed in iTunes to an address in the United States of where my Aunt lives. I thought it worked because I was able to search for it in the App Store, something which I was not able to do. However when I click download it said I needed a US account. So is there a step I missed? I have no idea when and if Disney will release the app to other outside the United States and when I read about it being released I was excited at the thought of downloading it. So any help would be appreciated.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There's more to it than just changing your address... And once you change countries for the iTunes Store, you'll have issues switching back... Consider a second AppleID using the relative's address and then use Family Share... You may ba ble to get the app that way.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Last month on August 15th a brand new app released that I wanted to download called Shop Disney Parks, however it was only released to those in the United States and since I'm from Canada I can not download it. Now I tried changing my address listed in iTunes to an address in the United States of where my Aunt lives. I thought it worked because I was able to search for it in the App Store, something which I was not able to do. However when I click download it said I needed a US account. So is there a step I missed? I have no idea when and if Disney will release the app to other outside the United States and when I read about it being released I was excited at the thought of downloading it. So any help would be appreciated.

On your iPhone 5 follow these steps:

1. Tap on the App Store icon in your Home Screen.
  2. Tap on Featured on the bottom left corner of screen.
  3. Scroll all the way to the bottom where your Apple ID info is. Tap on it.
  4. Tap View Apple ID, you may have to enter your password.
  5. Once the page loads Change your country/Region to United States.
You cannot have any credit balance on your account before switching country.

tmlfan4life

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
On your iPhone 5 follow these steps:

1. Tap on the App Store icon in your Home Screen.
  2. Tap on Featured on the bottom left corner of screen.
  3. Scroll all the way to the bottom where your Apple ID info is. Tap on it.
  4. Tap View Apple ID, you may have to enter your password.
  5. Once the page loads Change your country/Region to United States.
You cannot have any credit balance on your account before switching country.
Assuming that process works and I can download the app, will I still get updates for it when I change back to my Canadian address?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2