Can't connect iphone 4 to pc, asks for unknown apple ID

Mint Parker

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
I have a difficult problem with my iphone 4. I live in Mexico and a friend of mine who lives in the US, sent me his old Verizon iphone 4 as a gift, since he was getting a new one, it was unblocked and ready to use with a new company.
So I went to a local store to be able to use it, the company is Unefon, they told me they were the only ones who activated such phones (it's an iphone 4s -I think, it dowsn't work with chip). At that time, it had ios6 installed.
They told me it would be available to use within a month, so I left the phone there... One month later, I came back and they told me they didn't get some code they needed, they ask me to come back in a month and when I got home I turn on the iphone, it turn out that it was blocked, as if they tried to activate it several times with a wrong password, I couldn't even use it no more!
I looked for a tutorial on internet and I found everywere that the only way to unblock it was to update ios6 to ios7, so I did that, but when I was almost finishing, it asked a password for an unknown apple account.
I ask my friend about it and he gave me his, but the email the iphone showed wasn't his, and we didn't know it.
I went back to the store and told the guy to fix it, he unblocked the phone, but then, when I went back home I tried to connect it to my computer and itunes is still asking for this apple ID...
I've looked everywere for answers and I couldn't find where to start. I even ask my friend if he stole this phone or something similar, he swears it isn't stolen or bought from a thief, it's his. Any ideas on how to fix this problem??

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello!
I have a difficult problem with my iphone 4. I live in Mexico and a friend of mine who lives in the US, sent me his old Verizon iphone 4 as a gift, since he was getting a new one, it was unblocked and ready to use with a new company.
So I went to a local store to be able to use it, the company is Unefon, they told me they were the only ones who activated such phones (it's an iphone 4s -I think, it dowsn't work with chip). At that time, it had ios6 installed.
They told me it would be available to use within a month, so I left the phone there... One month later, I came back and they told me they didn't get some code they needed, they ask me to come back in a month and when I got home I turn on the iphone, it turn out that it was blocked, as if they tried to activate it several times with a wrong password, I couldn't even use it no more!
I looked for a tutorial on internet and I found everywere that the only way to unblock it was to update ios6 to ios7, so I did that, but when I was almost finishing, it asked a password for an unknown apple account.
I ask my friend about it and he gave me his, but the email the iphone showed wasn't his, and we didn't know it.
I went back to the store and told the guy to fix it, he unblocked the phone, but then, when I went back home I tried to connect it to my computer and itunes is still asking for this apple ID...
I've looked everywere for answers and I couldn't find where to start. I even ask my friend if he stole this phone or something similar, he swears it isn't stolen or bought from a thief, it's his. Any ideas on how to fix this problem??

It almost sounds like either the shop did something shady with the device or your friend has given you incorrect information to unlock it. Was the shop an authorised Apple support centre?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2