Tamara_91

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I made some changes to my iphone to save battery life. I actually made it worse. I charged it last night, it was 100%, now this morning it is at 72% without any use. My battery life was pretty decent before I made those changes. I should not have messed with it especially since I am not tech person. Most of the changes I made were in the notification center and to email. Any advice for what I should check? Something is draining the battery, I just don't know what to check. Too bad there is not a restore button. Thanks.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Changes you made in the notification center, in my opinion, would not have that kind of drastic effect on your battery life. So I think we can rule that portion out.

Email is a tough one...the problem is that even email fetch and push settings should not effect battery life like that, but an email fetch that gets stuck (perhaps due to a bad network connection) could put a big drain on the battery as it will sit in a loop trying to complete the task of fetching emails. This SHOULDN'T be happening, but it's possible (and would be more in line with checking connection to the cellular/WiFi network than it would adjusting anything the iPhone is doing itself).

...if you want a fool proof way of getting back to square one, do a restore. Connect your device to iTunes and make sure you have a recent backup. Again, I don't see either of those adjustments you claimed to have made being the issue here, but anything is possible. A restore would also (theoretically) fix any weird performance issue you may be having with an app draining battery life as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Changes you made in the notification center, in my opinion, would not have that kind of drastic effect on your battery life. So I think we can rule that portion out.

If you turn off stocks like I did with my mom's phone then it will help. Stocks is constantly updating. With any changes, I would do them one by one and see if one has a difference before doing any of them together. It takes longer but it can also help you see what affects battery life. Like I say: "Measure thrice, cut once". I have a tape measure and a Bosch DLR130K Laser Measurer.

Tamara_91

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
1. Do you recall the changes you made? If so, undo them.
2. Did you create a backup of your device prior to making the changes? If so, restore that backup.
3. General battery savings tips can be found via the following links:

5 battery life fixes for iOS 7 and iPhone 5s! | iMore

Want to save iPhone and iPad battery life? Start with Notification Center! | iMore

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-articles/255179-guide-how-get-most-out-your-battery.html
thank you for links I'll see them and hope it'll help I can't find how to restore them

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
thank you for links I'll see them and hope it'll help I can't find how to restore them

If you're referring to restoring a backup, it's simple. If the backup was made via iTunes, simply connect your device to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app (hopefully, you've installed the latest version), when iTunes detect your device, select to restore it and then restore from a backup. If you made an iCloud backup, the easiest way to restore it would be for you to go to Settings - General -Reset and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings". Afterwards, you will be greeted with the screen that prompts you to select a language. Soon afterwards, you will be prompted to restore from either and iTunes or iCloud backup. Choose iCloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2