I tried to update my iPad and now it's stuck in recovery mode.What should I do?

I

iMore Question

i tried to update my ipad and now its stuck in recovery mode. PLZ HELP!

i tried to update my ipad and now its stuck in recovery mode. i even tried to update it through itunes but it keeps giving me an error. i really don't want to restore and lose all my content. i took it to the apple store and they told me once a device is in recovery mode, your data is already lost. is this true? and if not, does anyone know a way for me to reverse it or get me out of recovery mode? i've tried tinyumbrella and it doesn't have the option to kick your device out of recovery mode anymore.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
i tried to update my ipad and now its stuck in recovery mode. PLZ HELP!

Since you tried to update it and it's in Recovery Mode, I don't think there's anything you can do besides restore. Hopefully you had an iCloud or iTunes backup. Or you try this and many other options available on the Internet to kick iOS devices out of recovery. http://www.tenorshare.com/products/reiboot.html
If I remember correctly there was also a pretty good program called Recboot. These are more commonly used for jailbreaking and downgrading, when it was possible before, but they might work for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2