What are these VV signs on Whatsapp?

I

iMore Question

VV signs on Whatsapp

Hello
I notice that some contact always have 2 vv in grey, in some have just 1 V till they see the massage (iPhone users.)
Is it means that whoever has an automatic 2 vv isn't disable the notifications on lock screen or I miss something?

thanks!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: VV signs on Whatsapp

Hello
I notice that some contact always have 2 vv in grey, in some have just 1 V till they see the massage (iPhone users.)
Is it means that whoever has an automatic 2 vv isn't disable the notifications on lock screen or I miss something?

thanks!

One check mark is when the message is sent and the other when it's viewed. That's independent of the notifications in the lock screen.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
VV signs on Whatsapp

One check mark is when the message is sent and the other when it's viewed. That's independent of the notifications in the lock screen.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Thank you. I had no idea that the double V's were suppose to be checkmarks (). My bad...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
VV signs on Whatsapp

You bet. Actually I probably should have been clearer and said that it's when the messages reaches the recipient, rather than when the message is viewed. When it's viewed it turns blue on my Note. Just tested it.
A fine point, but for clarity, I should be specific.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4

Last edited: