Raise to speak is not working

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
On my series 3. I’ve checked the settings and they all are the way they should be. The only thing I haven’t done is restart the watch. I’ll try that when I get home from work. Any other suggestions?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
On my series 3. I’ve checked the settings and they all are the way they should be. The only thing I haven’t done is restart the watch. I’ll try that when I get home from work. Any other suggestions?

I haven’t noticed it working on my Series 4 either. On watchOS 5.1 beta

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
On my series 3 and 4 on watchOS 5.0.1 they also work 70% of the time...

It’s baffling to understand why it work and you do the same arm raise at the same distance and position of when it work... and it don’t...
Apple have to do something to get "Raise to speak" to work 99% of the time because it’s very frustrating to make a command and nothing get done ...

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
The worst part is hearing my wife complain about a feature she can’t use despite me telling her it exists 🤦🏻*♂️ she doesn’t understand technology, so it either works perfectly or it’s broken.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I use to raise the watch very close to my mouth, about 1 inche to get it to work in earlier beta on my series-3, but now on 5.0.1 public update, I got better result to raise it at about 4 to 5 inches from my mouth on my series-4 !
I have a series-4 5.0.1 and I’m no longer on bêtas update.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I always thought there’d be a prompt with raise to speak. Like I’d see the Siri interface or something. Or maybe I just never used it enough to know how it really worked. However, I just raised my wrist and started talking and it worked. After I said something, then I saw the Siri interface.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, since I repaired my Apple Watch I got the prompt again. You have to raise your watch close to your mouth for raise to speak to work. It works pretty good as long as you bring it fairly close to your mouth.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2