Verizon upgrade date.

chrisw1068

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was online paying my verizon bill today and noticed that my upgrade date had changed from 11/14/2014 to 9/14/14. I know how strict they have been in the past with their upgrades. It says that I am eligible for a discounted upgrade and it is on all phones just not a select. Has anyone else noticed their upgrade dates changing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They do that for certain customers in hopes of getting them to re-commit for another 2 years. If you have no intentions of leaving Verizon, go for it, if you find it beneficial to you...:)

gcantrell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was online paying my verizon bill today and noticed that my upgrade date had changed from 11/14/2014 to 9/14/14. I know how strict they have been in the past with their upgrades. It says that I am eligible for a discounted upgrade and it is on all phones just not a select. Has anyone else noticed their upgrade dates changing.

Verizon is doing this for accounts that are eligible 11/15/14 and earlier. I would post a link but i don't have enough posts yet. But if you Google Verizon Early Upgrade iPhone you'll find it. I saw it on BGR.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

None of my lines are eligible but if I purchase through Edge then they are. The catch is you have to turn your current phone into them.

chrisw1068

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually it works out real well for me because they will give me $200 for my iPhone 5. I have a generous company discount for Verizon so I was planning on staying with them anyway. They must be looking for a better end of the 3rd quarter by opening it up like that.

bluth

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Well verizon should have done that for people who are in december too. Why stop in november; it makes no sense. My upgrade date is 12/20;
Do you think i can convince Verizon to upgrade us early?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Well verizon should have done that for people who are in december too. Why stop in november; it makes no sense. My upgrade date is 12/20;
You should try because mine is 12/13 and let me know how it goes!

Sent from my HTC M8

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

If they moved everyone in 2014 up to September, holiday sales would suffer quite a bit. Makes sense business wise to leave half of the November people and all the December people to update right before Christmas.

bluth

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Yea ill let you know if i can upgrade, but the other person is right from a business point of view. It sucks but its reality. Well if thats the case then i hope Verizon gives us a discount or something for waiting etc.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Lol... No offense, but why should they give you a discount? You signed a contract. Anything above and beyond letting you upgrade in exchange for signing another contract when your contract is up should be considered a bonus.

bluth

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
A bonus to them, i am the customer yea and if they want to keep us
They need to go above and beyond to keep us. Thats what all other businesses do who have the right business model. Anyway id be signing early but so close to the end of the contract that it really would be no biggie for them. They allowed others to sign a new contract for free and no etf so why not do that for a few others.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
A bonus to them, i am the customer yea and if they want to keep us
They need to go above and beyond to keep us. Thats what all other businesses do who have the right business model. Anyway id be signing early but so close to the end of the contract that it really would be no biggie for them. They allowed others to sign a new contract for free and no etf so why not do that for a few others.

I hate to be the one to tell you, but you are a very small fish in a very big pond. They don't need to go above and beyond for you because they have millions of paying customers. It sucks, but it's the reality of the situation. Verizon has the best customer service out of all the four big carriers, but they still aren't going to change their business concept for one person because you feel entitled to get something for nothing. It still comes down to one thing. You signed a contract. Nobody twisted your arm and forced you to sign it. They are well within their rights to hold you to the terms you signed. No offense again, but the attitude you currently have will get you nowhere. The best you can do is to call them up and say "please". Calling with your current sense of entitlement will more than likely get you a big fat NO.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Nah they have companies that make that determination. It's on the Internet so it's true.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
* very subjective to your area, stores, and who you get on the phone when calling in ;).

True there are exceptions to everything, but Verizon consistently ranks at or near the top year after year. I have yet to have an issue with them in multiple stores or over the phone, FWIW.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
True there are exceptions to everything, but Verizon consistently ranks at or near the top year after year. I have yet to have an issue with them in multiple stores or over the phone, FWIW.

Understandable but just stating it isn't always the case. Ranks can be meaningless if you get bad reps.

bluth

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes ur right. The only way i would ask to upgrade is by saying PLEASE. Its the only way to go. I asked them nicely and they said no so i said ok and that was that. Yea V has great service and a network but they aren't perfect and my service goes in and out but oh well. Its all good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2