Upgrade to iPhone X with Verizon?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so I’m still on Verizon’s 2-year contract upgrade program. I know that the iPhone X is not available for pre-order tho, but when I checked it out on Apple, it said the only pay options were outright $1149 or their monthly “lease” deal.

Will I be able to use my Verizon upgrade to purchase the iPhone X outright at a slightly discounted price when pre-orders start, or do I need to switch to a monthly payment plan or suck it up and pay full price?

(Or, if I want to use an ‘upgrade’ will I have to order through Verizon directly, and not through Apple?)

Thanks!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about a 2 year contract, but you are able to pay outright or do a payment plan based on paying the device off in a two year period with Apple or Verizon no matter where you get the iPhone X from.
e2a7b0b151ae604f51c3e709fceab532.png

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about a 2 year contract, but you are able to pay outright or do a payment plan based on paying the device off in a two year period with Apple or Verizon no matter where you get the iPhone X from.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170914/e2a7b0b151ae604f51c3e709fceab532.png

Right of course... but with the 2-year contract, at the end, I get a good deal off the phone if I sign another contract -> it’s like $300 off the phone or something.

I’d much rather only pay $849 for the iPhoneX 256gb or get some pro rated amount off the monthly charge based on the $300 deduction than simply jump off my plan and pay the full price, either outright or monthly.

I’ve always been able to do it before.

I’m going to test it when the iPhone8 drops and see if it gives me the option (and I just won’t go through with the purchase).

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I was still on those old legacy plans as well.

Verizon stopped doing those offers in February, unfortunately. Basically they are forcing us out of those deals. The only reason I kept the contract was because I would save around $400 on a phone every time I upgraded (two or three years).

So I finally switched today to a 5gb plan with unlimited talk and text. It will cost me $50.52/month bottom line with is about $25 cheaper than my contract plan (with limits on minutes and texts).

Overall, I made out alright. I also have a coupon for money off a phone upgrade and I can either sell or trade in my 6 plus when the X comes out, so I won't feel the $1150 that most others will.

I did a lot of research and asking this week. Our ride has finally come to an end.