Verizon Upgrade

bigtymer228

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I currently have two lines on a family plan, my wife?s 2 gb data line and my unlimited data line. She has an upgrade that we have been sitting on for some time. I would like to get the Iphoe 6 and keep my unlimited data. The plan is for her to purchase the phone on her line, activate it once she gets it, and then switch it my line.

My question is does this sound like it will work? Thanks for your input.

xplrr

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone confirmed that since the loophole closed on 8/24? I'm in a similar situation (although I would have to transfer the upgrade from my unlimited data line to my tiered data line), so I was hoping to do the same thing.

Thanks!

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
You can do that, however Verizon now requires a data plan on the line for the duration of the contract. So as long as she has a smart phone you're fine, but if she has a basic phone then your bill will increase by $30/mo. Once you activate the phone on the line you upgrade its yours. You can do whatever you want with it on whichever line.

bigtymer228

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok thank you. I have read so much I don't even know what is true or not anymore. So just to verify

Line 1 (wife) 2gb TDP, upgrade eligible (Iphone 5C)
Line 2 (Me) Unlimited Data Plan(Inc 4gLTE)
Here is what I would like to do all while keeping my UDP
A. Order new Iphone 6 on her line and upgrade
B. Receive phone and activate on her line
C. Transfer new Iphone6 over to my UDP line
D. Reactivate her original iphone 5c on her line.

Will this work and if so can the same sim that came with the new phone stay in it between transfers?

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes that should work and yeah you don't have to switch sims. You may have to call in to have that activated on your line though.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok thank you. I have read so much I don't even know what is true or not anymore. So just to verify

Line 1 (wife) 2gb TDP, upgrade eligible (Iphone 5C)
Line 2 (Me) Unlimited Data Plan(Inc 4gLTE)
Here is what I would like to do all while keeping my UDP
A.Order new Iphone 6 on her line and upgrade
B.Receive phone and activate on her line
C.Transfer new Iphone6 over to my UDP line
D.Reactivate her original iphone 5c on her line.

Will this work and if so can the same sim that came with the new phone stay in it between transfers?

No need to even activate on her line doing so will use the sim and you will have to get another sim in order to make it work on your line ..

Once I get phone do not turn it on at all

Call Verizon tell them what u want to do they can do it all on their end
Then when you turn on phone for first time it will be on your line so you will save the pain of having to go get another SIM card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtymer228

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Peligro911 I thought that in order to keep the unlimited on my line that I would either have to activate it on her line first then switch it over to mine or just insert my old sim card.

I cannot insert mine became it is a micro sim. I guess I could try and cut it down but I don’t want to mess it up if there was another way.
If I call Verizon won’t they just want me to activate it straight to my line thus killing my unlimited?

Scstoney

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I had 5 iPhones on my family plan and recently used my daughters upgrade and purchased my 6+ through the Apple Store online. I had been able to keep my unlimited data through previous upgrades. The day I received my 6+ in the mail, I took it to Verizon to get everything switched over to my line primarily because I had a lot if errands to run that day. The service person who helped me out said he let me keep the unlimited data because he had no idea if I paid full retail price or not since I bought it through Apple. I watch a lot of sports video online and stream shows from HBO, showtime and since the 6+ is so much faster than the wifi I have at both of my jobs (paramedic & flight paramedic), I use 10-20 GB of data per month. Always upgrade your iPhone transferring from another phone on your plan and buy from outside Verizon and you should be able to keep your unlimited data!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77