Facebook notification won't go away

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
No matter what I do I always have one facebook notification that won't go away. I have deleted the app, turned off notifications, reset the phone an even closed my facebook account and relieved it. Any ideas what I can do?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Facebook for iPhone is such a POS...it's not much better on any other phone, but the iPhone app is particularly buggy, glitchy and lazily written.

As far as the notification, have you tried signing in through iphone safari and checking that way? It's worked for me in the past when this stuck icon issue has happened.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue too. I reported it to the bug team and it went away after that. I had one stuck for two weeks.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Here's what ya do to get it do go away ... first close FB out of the multitask screen... open FB.. find the notification .. and read it.. open it.. etc etc... it'll go away, and try reloading it (via the slide down on the screen to reload) and see if it helps too.. always works for me

And FB for iPhone may have it's issues... but it's far superior to any other FB platform app

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Oddly enough about 30 minutes after submitting a report the badge went away. Maybe FB resets the notification on the account.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Close Facebook via multitasking. Open Facebook on your pc, edit one of your notifications in the settings page and save. Then open Facebook on the iPhone. Worked for me the other day. Like you I'd tried so many things and this worked :)

Jackbr

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
how do you report this issue? is it to facebook or apple or?
i can't find anywhere to submit one!
this issue is so, so annoying!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ They are fully aware of the issue, as it happens prob a few times to every person who has ever used this app at one point or another. Because the app is so popular, complaints prob come in in BOAT LOADS, so honestly, their attention to any one complain will be...well...basically zero.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77