Favorite new features of this Fall's tvOS update.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My absolute favorite feature of the upcoming tvOS release is single sign on. If you don't know what single sign on is, it lets you sign into all of your TV subscription services in one central location rather than having to activate every single app separately.
What are you looking forward to most in tvOS 2?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I like the new Remote App. Anything is better than the current version of it. It is so limited now. But if the new one works as I expect, it will be great.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Let's face it, the Remote app is mediocre at best. Apple didn't have it updated for tvOS at release and then they basically just ported the old version without adding any additional functionality. I'm hoping for full Hey Siri integration with the new Remote app . Saying "Hey Siri, watch ESPN" without having to press any buttons would be awesome.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Notifications for text-input is a very welcome improvement of the experience. Other than that, there wasn't much for me (single sign-on is US-only)?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
single sign-on is US-only?

Not really even that yet. So far Apple has been pretty unsuccessful at getting TV providers on board. The TV app is still in beta though so hopefully that changes by the time the public release rolls out.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Gotta say I am loving the new TV app/interface. I know it's still not a complete solution without Netflix and Amazon Video, but still so much better than flipping between different services. We use Hulu and iTunes a lot to entertain the kids and then HBO in addition to those to entertain ourselves. Just those services integrated alone has been a huge improvement. Excited for a future where more jump on board

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77