I agree with all you posted. I just want to add a few other things..

Just saw it yesterday with my family. Awesome movie. Yes, it was like there were two parts to this film. The first one, where we get to see the aftermath of the first movie. The way it affected Katniss and sort of sparked a rebel-spirit among the other Panem inhabitants. Then the second part, it's like Hunger Games v2.0. The games bigger, better, and grander in scale. There's also less focus between the action of the participants and more on how they deal with such a very dangerous environment.

And, Jennifer Lawrence is as still as awesome as ever!

My only gripe is how the ending feels somewhat abrupt. Maybe it's also how the book ended and they are just following it, I don't know.
    And, I'm not sure if it's just the cinema where I watched it or the film was really filmed that way, but I find some of the scenes a bit too dark that I'm having some trouble following some movements (but it may also be because of my bad eyesight).

Overall, it's a really great film. And I enjoyed it very much!
    No it was abrupt I felt the same but I think that's how it is in the book too.
    zdn1042 likes this.
    12-02-2013 04:03 AM
    I finally got the opportunity to see the movie yesterday afternoon, and it was definitely better than the first, but seeing the first movie would be helpful in understanding the second. I liked the movie and enjoyed watching it, but like others have already stated, it ended too abruptly for my liking.
    12-02-2013 05:32 PM
    No it was abrupt I felt the same but I think that's how it is in the book too.
    I haven't seen the movie yet but the book ending was abrupt.

One minute, you're reading sentences then it's over with.

I plan on going to see the movie next week. I'm on vacation all next week.
    12-04-2013 04:45 PM
    It ends abruptly almost like the book...keeps you coming back for more!!! I loved it and can't wait for mocking jay next year (although that one will be 2 separate movies!)
    12-04-2013 05:26 PM
    It ended like this intentionally...to force us to see the next part. Not the first movie with such ending.
    02-11-2014 06:51 AM
    It ended like this intentionally...to force us to see the next part. Not the first movie with such ending.
    No, it ended like this intentionally because this is how the book ended. And yeah, more movies ended like this. Off the top of my head, Twilight. Yeah I know, bad example but New Moon ended abruptly like CF did.
    02-11-2014 10:12 AM
    Wanna see an abrupt end? Watch every season of Lost, lol.

Or, more recently, The Desolation of Smaug.
    02-11-2014 10:53 AM
32 12