Any DirecTV customers here?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
We’ve been with DirecTV now for approaching 6 years... love it... have no issues whatsoever.

Last night I called to see about lowering my monthly bill and walked away (actually hung the phone up) with a $10/month reduction in my bill... and added the new Genie (HR34) 5-recorder DVR. The rep worked the deal to allow us to keep the 2 HD DVRs that we had... so we now have the ability to record 9 shows concurrently, watch any of them on any of the 4 TVs in our home... and saved money every month in the process.

My new best friend in the whole world is named Dave. He works for DirecTV, and he’s in my back yard right now installing the dish upgrades to complete the installation. Should be done within the hour.

I very well could be a customer for life. They have to really hose me over to lose my business at this point.

Anyone else using DirecTV?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Love them. I've had service for about 5 years and it's great. The service, selection, and price are all amazing. DirecTV beats out dish and every other cable provider by a lot.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
We've also had DTV for as long as I can remember. What did you say to them to get them to pile on all this goodness? I need to give it a try!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
We've also had DTV for as long as I can remember. What did you say to them to get them to pile on all this goodness? I need to give it a try!

Forgot to mention free Starz and Showtime for 6 months, too...

I was out of contract and told them that I wanted my bill lower. I had all the credits that they could give me (after the new $10 credit), so he started offering "goodies" instead. I did have to agree to a new 2 year contract... but I wasn’t really going anywhere, anyway. Love ’em.

Be sure to ask for the Customer Retention Department AFTER the first rep helps/doesn't help you.

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I am a former DirecTV customer as of last week, we have finally cut the cord and really didnt watch it anyway. Im not saying they are a bad service just didnt suit our needs anymore, we now subscribe to Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime, along with iTunes. Everything is available on the internet, its the wild west out there. lol

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had them going on 11 years now. I have had nothing but positive experiences.

After a tornado hit my area a couple years ago, my dish was blown off my roof and I was without service for a couple days. Usually when I call, a tech can come the next day, but because of the storms, the techs were backlogged. After the tech left, DirecTV called to make sure everything was fine and I wound up getting HBO and Cinemax free for a few months to make up for the lack of having service for a few days.

After that, every time the wind would pick up, my dish would go out of line. DirecTV kept having to send reps out to fix it. Finally, on the fourth time, the tech who came out installed a brand new dish and I have never had that problem since. Once again, I got HBO and Cinemax for free.

When I got my free DVR for my bedroom, when the tech hooked it up, the receiver in my living room quit working. He ran a second line from my dish through my attic and down my wall to the living room and didn't charge me.

Every time I call, the reps have been nothing but pleasant and helpful. If I have a problem, I either get bill credits or something free. I love them.

miah84

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had directv for about 4 months now. I switched from bright house so I could get the Sunday ticket. I have no complaints other than the watch espn app doesn't work with directv and that I now have to pay an ungodly amount for my broadband now that it's not bundled with cable.

Directv's customer service is pretty good as well. I had a automatic bill payment set up and I turned it off because I realized my checking account would be billed before my paycheck would be deposited and I didn't have the funds to pay so I went on directv's website to turn it off but didn't realize that doesn't take effect till the next billing cycle. Long story short they debited my account sent it into the negative and of course my bank charged me $36.00 in over draft fees. I called directv and they refunded my $36.00 and explained that the changes for auto bill pay don't take effect immediately I was thrilled they refunded my overdraft fee.

The next month I didn't realize my movie channel free trial ended and was greeted with a really big bill. Again I called, they canceled the channels and refunded the amount for them.

That was quite the rant but bottom line is I'm pleased with directv.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77