Netflix

LearyLAZ

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I have a quick question, I currently have an iPhone 4 and I recently signed up for a Netflix free trial promotion - basically you get $10 to sign up for a Netflix free trial then you can decide if you want to keep it or not. The thing is I travel a lot, and I run my iphone on 3G very often. Will Netflix eat up all my data plan if I don't use it on Wifi?

StudentRate - Deal / Netflix Student Discounts

Last edited:

windrider07

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Ohhh yea, as fausty said, streaming data means downloading the info from the server itself in real time constantly. So your constantly using up data.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
YES video streaming eats data alive!!!! I think Netflix is well worth it, BUT I use it on all my devices and mostly via wifi. The best use of it, is with a set top box, AppleTV, Roku, etc, or an internet TV, like those made by Samsung and Sony. I just started watching Saturday Night Live from season 1, episode 1 on it, and I finished up all seasons of Sliders about a week ago. SNL will take me years since there are 37 seasons, but Sliders only had 5 so that just took a few months. ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Very poor selection of streaming movies. Also they had just lost Starz so the selection is going to be even worse.

Still, it is cheap enough to keep and easy to cancel, if necessary. To the OP, I have Netflix installed only on my iPad that I view every now and then via Wi-Fi. Most of the time I watch Netflix is via the built-in interface of my Blu-ray disc player that is a part of my home theatre system. The only videos I view on my iPhone are the Mobile Nation's iPhone & iPad Live videos, news related videos and YouTube videos on occasion. Streaming, as others have already stated, uses a good deal of data so unless you have an unlimited data plan, I would try to watch Netflix via Wi-Fi only.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77