Your first impressions of iOS 11?

idrisinan

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I did not like iOS 11 control Center. This looks ugly, cheaper. iOS 10 style was good. iOS 11 style is far far away from  aesthetics. I am sad that. Just for control centre design, I will be stay on ios 10. Look how horrible light up, volume slider , screen mirroring, icons. Just like windows phone ;(

And also calc app design just sucks

Dock labels gone , why? Looks not completed I think

Status signal bars.... why you turned dots in ios 7,8,9,10 and why you turned back to iOS 6 bar style ?

So , I did not liked again. And will stay on 10.

e005716e79b51fb30ae5cf945aed13af.jpg

4a52e1faae58f8caeab66321c3ec5a59.jpg

8085b5facd3e9f41cd37acd4c79051f8.jpg

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Liking what I see so far. The control panel design is my fav. Also excited about all the new things on the iPad as well (my son will be stoked about the update for his iPhone and iPad Air).

cactuspete23

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Are there any new or improved functions? I mainly see folks talking about how things look on the screen, etc. Anyone tried using an external DAC? There were some problems with most recent builds... Thanks !

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did not like iOS 11 control Center. This looks ugly, cheaper. iOS 10 style was good. iOS 11 style is far far away from  aesthetics. I am sad that. Just for control centre design, I will be stay on ios 10. Look how horrible light up, volume slider , screen mirroring, icons. Just like windows phone ;(

And also calc app design just sucks

Dock labels gone , why? Looks not completed I think

Status signal bars.... why you turned dots in ios 7,8,9,10 and why you turned back to iOS 6 bar style ?

So , I did not liked again. And will stay on 10.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170607/e005716e79b51fb30ae5cf945aed13af.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170607/4a52e1faae58f8caeab66321c3ec5a59.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170607/8085b5facd3e9f41cd37acd4c79051f8.jpg

So your complaint is in regard to aesthetics. Having said that, how does iOS 11 run on your device? Are you able to successfully make and receive phone calls, email and text messages? Do your 3rd-party apps work?

dimhcs21

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone noticed Bluetooth changes? Today when connected through BT headset only two scenarios are possible:
1) Normal sound mode: Call rings through speaker and text/email/other alerts played through headset
2) Silent sound mode: Call rings through headset and text/email/other alerts do not play at all in any way

I would love to see Normal sound mode have all sounds played through phone speaker and still have headset connected AND see Silent sound mode allow for all sounds played through headset only.

Anyone see anything like this?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
As others, it seems very stable for a first beta but I'm still on the fence about the upgrade. I don't like the changes to the notification shade, particularly since it seems harder (though maybe because of being used to the old way) to clear individual notifications. OTOH, the Control Center does seem like an improvement.

neo158

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
As a Lumia 950XL user I'm really impressed with iOS11 and it's the first version of iOS that has made me want an iPhone.

It seems as though a few of the features are designed to appeal to people like myself who use W10M on a daily basis and, while I won't be replacing my 950XL any time soon, I will be replacing my Nexus 5x with an iPhone SE just to get myself into the Apple ecosystem.

rahool360

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Simple question - sound off! What do you think about iOS 11? Which features are you most excited about? Were there some things not announced that you were hoping to see?

it is surprising big change to the IOS was not expecting that. I like the new control center which has more controls and easy access. Visually looks pleasing, feels more grounded.

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
For me, I an really excited with the festures for ipad. I think thes new features will give the ipad a huge bosst in productivity. Looking forward to purchase the new ipad pro when its available in my country

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The best ever iOS update since the first iPad ! No contest !
I will install it soon on my iPhone 6s and may be on my iPad Pro 10.5 that I expect arrival on the June 13th !

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Being an almost lifelong Android user, I kinda like the look of iOS 11. Looking forward to the final version. Ordering a new iPad Pro.

oprospero

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
The new force quit sucks. I mean why make something more difficult. Accessibility please!

There are many reasons not to want an app hanging around in the background. Small example: privacy; I don't want google maps or waze or any app I use to continue tracking me because I left it active. Also, Maps and location maps including Apple maps are battery hogs.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The new force quit sucks. I mean why make something more difficult. Accessibility please!

There are many reasons not to want an app hanging around in the background. Small example: privacy; I don't want google maps or waze or any app I use to continue tracking me because I left it active. Also, Maps and location maps including Apple maps are battery hogs.

Running in the background doesn't mean an app is tracking you. Where did you get that idea?

oprospero

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
@Ledsteplin I agree it doesn't mean apps are tracking but they can.

In the past, I have been surprised when seeing an app in the location recently accessed arrow or currently accessing purple arrow while running in the background even though I had not switched to the app in a week. I should probably test that again with more recent versions of everything.

My main point is accessibility of functions rather than why a person may want to quit an app.

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Much impressed with the keynote at WWDC. I like the improvements esp for the ipad line. I think it will really boost productivity.

Well, i hope apple can put a diable/enable option for the asstive touch on 'lockscreen'

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855