Your first impressions of iOS 11?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@Ledsteplin I agree it doesn't mean apps are tracking but they can.

In the past, I have been surprised when seeing an app in the location recently accessed arrow or currently accessing purple arrow while running in the background even though I had not switched to the app in a week. I should probably test that again with more recent versions of everything.

My main point is accessibility of functions rather than why a person may want to quit an app.

What harm, exactly, do you think they might do. Anything they do in the background is for your benefit. If an app is using location services and you don't want it to, go to settings > Privacy > location services > Toggle the app off.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Very excited. Lots of little improvements that will make a big difference. One of my biggest hopes is that they change Reminders.app between now and release. That thing seriously needs some reworking.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Basically because some features are too different, some are not working as good as it should and some changes will be arriving, maybe if you are a tech fan (the 5% of users) there is not a problem, but for the regular person who only want sthe things working at the best I think it's too early.

lcasta

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
Two problems that really stick out with the beta. First and foremost, battery life is horrible. Just as an experiment, I unplugged my iPad Pro and left the iPad sitting over night without touching it. Ten hours later, the battery indicator went from 100% to 20%. I looked at Battery in Settings and discovered that Google Audio had used 36% of my battery. I have a Google Home unit that requires Google Audio be turned on. Why that should affect the iPad is a complete mystery. Otherwise, I haven idea what Google Audio does or how I could be using it. This problem only manifest itself under iOS 11. With iOS 10, I never noticed a problem. The second problem is the Files app. It barely works right now. The Files on My iPad location shows nothing. I can't even figure out how to link to Dropbox or Google Drive. There doesn't seem to be any menu to sign into those services. iCloud drive does seem to work, though.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Basically because some features are too different, some are not working as good as it should and some changes will be arriving, maybe if you are a tech fan (the 5% of users) there is not a problem, but for the regular person who only want sthe things working at the best I think it's too early.

Even those reading this site, already a small, somewhat tech-savvy subset of iOS users, are having difficulties understanding why some things don't work in the beta (e.g. un-updated-for-beta third-party apps like Google Drive not showing up in Files app). It's really too early for even moderately technically knowledgeable folks, it seems.

Too early for me, too, by a long shot. Much as I'd like to experience the new features, even more I don't want to have to fiddle and tweak and deal with broken stuff. I'll wait for iOS 11 to go live. ;)

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Even those reading this site, already a small, somewhat tech-savvy subset of iOS users, are having difficulties understanding why some things don't work in the beta (e.g. un-updated-for-beta third-party apps like Google Drive not showing up in Files app). It's really too early for even moderately technically knowledgeable folks, it seems.

Too early for me, too, by a long shot. Much as I'd like to experience the new features, even more I don't want to have to fiddle and tweak and deal with broken stuff. I'll wait for iOS 11 to go live. ;)
Yeah me too. But I'm thankful for all the beta testers, they most certainly will help the final version to be better

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Yeah me too. But I'm thankful for all the beta testers, they most certainly will help the final version to be better

Indeed! I'll cheer on the voluntary beta testers while patiently waiting for the finished release in September. They serve a necessary purpose and I'm grateful.

IuliaGz

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
i like the drag and drop feature, but i think that i was liking it more if the data that i was wanting to transfer was copied to clipboard like u have it in windows and then paste it wherever u want

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy