Would you buy on eBay?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
All these early BF sales and then they are OOS by BF. I found a deal for my daughter which was OOS. Lowest price. I set notifications for when it’s back but I’m getting antsy. I checked eBay and found an even better price but can I trust it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know people who purchased via eBay for years and they swear by it. I’ve always been skeptical of it, but then again, it’s similar to shopping on Amazon. With that being said, I recall eBay requiring users to pay via PayPal, but I may be mistaken.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I know people who purchased via eBay for years and they swear by it. I’ve always been skeptical of it, but then again, it’s similar to shopping on Amazon. With that being said, I recall eBay requiring users to pay via PayPal, but I may be mistaken.

I buy but I hadn’t bought a big ticket item. Idk if they require but I usually do pay with PP.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don’t think I would purchase a phone off of eBa. If you decide to proceed, definitely look at the seller’s reviews before buying anything, and definitely use PayPal.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don’t think I would purchase a phone off of eBa. If you decide to proceed, definitely look at the seller’s reviews before buying anything, and definitely use PayPal.

I’m buying the watch for my daughter. Looks like good rating and totally PP and the seller offers returns.

Reactions: Annie_M

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I would never buy a device that could be locked to someone's Apple ID on eBay - watch, iPhone, iPad, even a Mac. There are other retailers I would trust for this (Apple's refurb store, Amazon I hear is reliable for this.)

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have bought and sold many items on eBay over the past 20 years, I no longer sell because of the government wanting to tax everything and issuing 1099’s for anything over $600 dollars that you sell.

Now I just buy and I have had good luck with the goods I have bought, but you do have to be careful, different times then it was years ago.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have bought and sold many items on eBay over the past 20 years, I no longer sell because of the government wanting to tax everything and issuing 1099’s for anything over $600 dollars that you sell.

Now I just buy and I have had good luck with the goods I have bought, but you do have to be careful, different times then it was years ago.

A lot different than it was years ago.

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
I would have a hard time buying apple products from eBay, seen to many cases people don't turn off enough things to release the item of their account making said item a paper weight. PayPal has had plenty of unhappy customers also.

If you do buy from eBay seller or swappa for that matter, read the reviews and make sure the reviews show them as sellers not mostly buying. I've seen reviews that were decent, but it was from them buying, the selling part was bad. Just use caution, a lot of it. Even with PayPal your money will be tied up for some time til it's settled.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup