Without google apps, how interested would you be in IOS?

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
As a long time android user and recent convert to iOS, there's no way I could stay on iPhone without google apps. I imagine many others are the same

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Sheets now and then but don't need to. I could always wait until I got to my desktop. Other than that I do watch youtube but can do the on the web.

So no, I'd be fine without Google apps on my iPhone.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the only two Google apps that I use regularly are Gmail and Youtube. And if I didn't have those available I think I'd be fine. I won't speak definitively because I honestly don't know how I'd do but those two apps don't strike me as something that I'd be hurt without.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd have to switch from my gmail account to another email provider, which isn't difficult. I'd also have to find a new home for my YouTube content. That said, I'd still stick with iOS.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Google maps is my go to. I am a truck driver, and planning a trip, it's nice to see a satellite image of my customers, to see if I can park there overnight, and be ready first thing in the morning. Also, you can have it show bike trails. That is quite handy for me. Also, I prefer the Gmail app. Plus, being an Android user for years, I have a loaded Google Photos account.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd have to switch from my gmail account to another email provider, which isn't difficult. I'd also have to find a new home for my YouTube content. That said, I'd still stick with iOS.

Why would you need to switch email? I don't use the Google app but can still get my Gmail. I can also watch YouTube via Safari.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm an Alphabet stockholder so not a typical bias against a product but really don't like some Google offerings when I compare them to others.

My experience includes administration of G Suite and Office 365.

YouTube, Maps and search are good. Keep is a bad joke compared to Evernote and OneNote.

G Suite support is wretched bad compare to how well Microsoft takes care of 365 and azure customers.

I like my high stock price so hope Google can make some of the offerings better.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I couldn’t do it. I use a lot of Google apps. Google Drive, Google Search, YouTube, Gmail, Google Maps. All usually daily.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it weren’t for work, I doubt I’d have any Google apps on my iPhone, except for the YouTube app and possibly the Google Maps app.