Apple expects iOS 18 to be the biggest iOS update in the company's history, says top insider

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Don’t think anyone should be listening to gurman anymore, he is known to make things up.

I’m expecting him to release another note in March or April, that Apple canceled this iOS 18 major overhaul.

iebock

Sep 27, 2021
Visit site
Those two things are obvious. Gurman needs to get ahead of the curve instead of behind it.

RCS is old news plain and simple. The was a concession to the Eu to not make iMessage a Technology Gateway.

As for AI, Apple has got to do something with Siri They bought Siri almost 14 years ago, then did nothing with it. It's on the path to being irrelevant and needs a huge boost. AI is the best route for that.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Those two things are obvious. Gurman needs to get ahead of the curve instead of behind it.

RCS is old news plain and simple. The was a concession to the Eu to not make iMessage a Technology Gateway.

As for AI, Apple has got to do something with Siri They bought Siri almost 14 years ago, then did nothing with it. It's on the path to being irrelevant and needs a huge boost. AI is the best route for that.

I have never used Siri, I don't want to have to learn to TALK to a computer, and what if it fails to understand what I want ? it might put my phone or furnishings at risk !!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've got to say that after listening to friends' cringe-worthy attempts in attempting to talk to Siri, there is something to be said for learning how to talk to it!

Reactions: Wotchered

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I remember a system years ago that drove a friend of mine crazy. It was voice controlled and nobody in the office could make it work... it eventually transpired that if you spoke to it in a cod American accent, it worked ! hard work in London !
But much funnier, a friend bought a very expensive Mercedes AMG with voice controls in it, a midlife buy.
The thing did not understand a word he said. Must have been the Geordie accent. However, his wife's cut glass RP was heard and obeyed immediately, causing much amusement and barracking.

• Haha
Reactions: Annie_M

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77