Will you purchase the next iPhone?

Will you purchase the next iPhone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I will without a doubt be buying the new iphone when it is released. When you consider the $500 AT&T deposit I will be getting back in June (gotta love opening a new contract as an 18 year old!) so I will have solid chunk of expendable cash coming to me right on time. On top of the screen of my 3G has been cracked for a long time, and it will most likely be about the same price for the new one when it comes out as it would be for me to swap out my current now. I think from here on out I'll be buying a new iphone once a year. Can't imagine having anything else.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I will without a doubt be buying the new iphone when it is released. When you consider the $500 AT&T deposit I will be getting back in June (gotta love opening a new contract as an 18 year old!) so I will have solid chunk of expendable cash coming to me right on time. On top of the screen of my 3G has been cracked for a long time, and it will most likely be about the same price for the new one when it comes out as it would be for me to swap out my current now. I think from here on out I'll be buying a new iphone once a year. Can't imagine having anything else.

What is this deposit you are talking about? I'm 20 and wouldn't mind getting off my parents plan if there is $500 involved! -lol

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
What is this deposit you are talking about? I'm 20 and wouldn't mind getting off my parents plan if there is $500 involved! -lol

I'm not sure if they're a little more strict now. But when I turned 18 (almost 6 years ago), I called AT&T and had them transfer the account holder name to my name for my phone number only. They asked for my social security number and what not, but did not require a deposit. I had been on my parents' plan for 2 years. I know they were taking deposits from new customers without a credit history back then, but they didn't require one from me.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Here I go again - just got a black 16gb at BB for $200. If it lasts past 30 days, I expect I'll trade for the new one in August/Sept (assuming July rollout) once the "rush" dies down.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
The day I turned 18 (25 now), I walked into an ATT Store (might have been Cingular at the time) and signed a contract with no deposit required. Unless you have butchered credit, I dont think one will have to throw down 500 bucks. Thats a lot.

As for getting the next iPhone. No. I wont. I got mine yesterday. I will probably wait. And of course everyone has an Apple store friend and my Apple store friend is pretty sure that there will be no iPhone this year and just a huge software update

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The day I turned 18 (25 now), I walked into an ATT Store (might have been Cingular at the time) and signed a contract with no deposit required. Unless you have butchered credit, I dont think one will have to throw down 500 bucks. Thats a lot.

As for getting the next iPhone. No. I wont. I got mine yesterday. I will probably wait. And of course everyone has an Apple store friend and my Apple store friend is pretty sure that there will be no iPhone this year and just a huge software update

It does not just mean you have butchered credit. It could mean you have no credit. And if you didn't have either of those then I guess you got lucky or that wasn't a requirement back then. It is required now - no questions asked.

As for a new iPhone, there will be one. Whether it's a small storage upgrade or whatever, there will be one... Apple themselves have said the iPhone life cycle will be every June/July. Can't listen to those Apple store employees all the time, especially when it comes to upcoming products.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm kinda starting to hope there isn't a "new" one.. just some small upgrade that I can do on my current 3G model.. reason being is I would like to finish up getting my back tattooed.. if there is a new model coming out I would be hard pressed on what to choose..

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Also, remember as has been pointed out before... your current iPhone 3g out of contract will have a good value to sell on ebay etc. out of contract.

TiPb (http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/03/01/att-launch-tradein-program-summer/) does have me worried about it a bit now though. To prevent a flood of iPhone 3g models flooding the streets by allowing iPhone 3g user to upgrade early and reset the 2 year contract they may not give you a contract price, but instead you keep your current contract with 1 year left, give them your 3g and get $200 off the price of the new one (which should bring it down to the same price as getting a new 2 year).

So if this happens you are losing out on selling your old phone and getting the contract price :(

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
Don't forget that the amount ATT gives you for your phone will depend not only upon what model it is, but its condition. If you bring in a fully functional, yet dinged up iPhone 3G, you aren't getting $200 for it. With store trade ins like that, the devices you bring in usually will go right back out as a refurb, so they need to be in near perfect condition to get optimal trade in value.

netsyd

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Yup... without a doubt. Caveat - unless they do something incredibly stupid (like go back to all webapps or some such nonsense).

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Wow I have been missing out again lately. I got a brand new hobby, guns....:D so I have been on the gun forums alot. Been missing out on this and my car forum. I voted not sure, I need to see what the changes are and decide if its worth it. I am very happy right now with the 3g. One question, what the hell is a pre? :rolleyes:

rustyjar79

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I voted Yes, but I think the only thing that would hold me back is price, but if I can still get around $500 for my iPhone 3G now, I think I am in! :D

Xicano#IM

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
i'm currently using a curve and can upgrade my phone in april so i plan to get bb bold or curve II (8900) putt around on that till june when the new iphone's come out and then pick one of those up becuase unless they change their policy you can upgrade to an iphone at any time. so i hope to sell whichever bb i get and then be super happy with the new iphone. i'm kind of late to the whole iphone party. i just bought my girlfriend one for valentine's day and i've been playing with it A LOT and now that documents to go will be available, i'm pretty much sold.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77