Will the iPhone 4 be recalled?

Will the iPhone 4 be recalled

• Total voters

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It won't be recalled. It does work and it does not pose a safety hazard which are the 2 reasons items are recalled.

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
It won't be recalled. I'm in a high-signal area and have no issues using my phone when the bars are lowered.

I also don't grip my phone like the Hulk if that's relevant in any way.

cycling56#CB

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I Agree

I couldn't agree more.:D
Eh..Apple's next move should be to make lemonade.

CR showed them how. Include a bumper with an iphone 4 and all is forgiven for most part. Package it right and consumers will eat it up thinking they're getting more value.

Make some accessories that work with Bumpers and you got another revenue stream.

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I hope it gets recalled but I don't think it will.. For me its really bad in some areas.. I have a bumper and still notice no signal in some areas, that coupled with a dropped call(not even holding the phone) or two each day drives me a tad crazy.

I gave my gf my old Blackberry and I now have to ask her to look things up if we are in a building with bad reception. Which isn't a fun or happy feeling.

That all being said I still spend about $60 dollars on apps so I guess im going to just deal with it.. Who knows maybe Otterbox or someone else will make a case that insulates the antenna. lol

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll choose "Don't Care" as it doesn't effect me
either way.

I don't have any issues with my i4, but of
course if they do have a re-call, I'll definitely
switch mine out. I always love a fresh new
device

haha me too!!!!

I agree on the probability of free bumpers. It would allow Apple to placate everyone, still hedge on any actual design problem, and stop the neverending run of 'Apple doesn't care'.

Recall just won't happen. Too many implications, too much hassle, and sets a precedent.

I don't think they will recall it, I think they will do something less drastic if anything. "Free bumpers"? maybe, but do those bumpers really help the problem?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As I pointed out in this thread:

Product recalls have never been done for anything that didn't somehow lead to serious injury or death (think Tylenol, Toyota, cribs). These recalls have all (and without exception) taken place long into the product's life, not within days of product release.

Anyone waiting for a recall of a cell phone will need patience, cause it isn't going to happen. If you are experiencing the antenna problem - take your phone back for a refund!

The consumer is responsible for his purchases. You can't purchase a load of manure and then complain because it smells like $hit - know what I mean?

eugarps#CB

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I've had iPhones since the first one. I've not owned a 3GS. I now own the iPhone 4. I do experience the signal drop phenomenon on the meter in weak signal areas and have had to ask folks to wait, while I repositioned my hand on the phone. My experience with my phone is that the Bumper Case makes little difference. My meter will drop with the bumper on or off.

Will Apple recall the phone? No.

My $0.02 (USD)

Bill

glyphics

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the free bumpers are great and all but what about those that love the aesthetic design of the phone itself and don't wanna modify how it looks?

Malinovaya

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I guess that would be too expensive for Apple to recall the iPhone 4. So I thinks Apple will do smth from the following:
- create some software fix
- provide free bumpers to iPhone 4 consumers
- will hold iPhone for a while to solve the problem and when fixed carry on selling lorry loads of phones to happy customers

However, if Apple decides to recall the iPhone, I will switch my as well, just to get a fresh one:)

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the obvious solution here is if Apple gives iPhone 4 customers a complimentary rubber bumper. If this truly helps with signal reception, it will surely save the cost of having to recall an entire product line. IMHO.
While I love their products, I do hope Apple steps up on this one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien