I want the iPhone 6 but I still have another year with the 5C, what do I do?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
LOL. That was a good one. "Wait for the iPhone 6S" ...and feel inadequate and full of desire for a whole other year! You got me good on that one. You're a funny guy.
You came here asking, "What to do?". I assumed you had no solution on how to get yourself an iPhone 6. I can't get one until February. Maybe August of next year, depending on what I do about a line. But I certainly won't feel inadequate. I'll want it for sure. But I really like my iPhone 5. I also like my Wife's iPhone 5c. Sometimes you have to do what you can. I offered you an option. Good luck and I hope you get yourself an iPhone 6 on launch day.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What has always worked for me is getting the most recent device when my upgrade is available. I've always gone the carrier subsidized rout. When I became an iPhone user, the 4s as the latest iPhone and that was the one I got. Same thing with the 5s. My next upgrade will be in November 2015 and I'm hoping the iPhone 6s will be available. Regardless of whether the 6s is available or now, I will get the latest iPhone.

I'm the same way. When I became an iPhone user I got a 4s. My upgrade was this past February, so I got the 5s in May. I'll be eligible for an upgrade again in 2016. I'll get whatever the latest iPhone is at that time, I'm guessing the 6s.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Don't sell to gazelle or any of those reselling services. They cheap out on you and then sell them for 2x what they gave you

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I feel better just knowing AT&T won't punish me for buying at full retail. I'm assuming I can just move the sim, reset the 5C to factory settings and send to Gazelle. Sound about right?

I wouldn't lose money sending it to Gazelle when you can sell it for a higher price on Swappa.com. Never use places like Gazelle, it's a rip off.

Before you switch ask AT&T to unlock the device too, that way more buyers will be interested.