Wi-Fi connection weirdness…

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly sure where to post this but here goes.

A couple weeks ago I unloaded my Tab S8 in favor of a 10th gen iPad. I set it up using my 13 Pro. No problem, easy peasy. Or so I thought. The problem I run into is, when I connect my iPad to my work Wi-Fi my phone connects as well even though I’ve gone in and forgotten that network on my phone. I noticed the issue last week and went so far as to reset my iPad and set it up again from what I thought was scratch and it seems to still exhibit this behavior between the two devices.

Has anyone ever seen any such weirdness?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you disable the “auto-join” option in the settings on your iPhone for that particular Wi-Fi network?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
If you prefer not to synchronize the password between the iPhone and iPad, you need to disable iCloud Keychain on one of the two.

Note that it will prevent synchronization of all the passwords in the iCloud Keychain:

Reactions: Just_Me_D

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you prefer not to synchronize the password between the iPhone and iPad, you need to disable iCloud Keychain on one of the two.

Note that it will prevent synchronization of all the passwords in the iCloud Keychain:

Funny thing is, I didn’t even think I was even using keychain. Haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mznash