Why won't my iPhone automatically install updates overnight?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
None of mine ever updated overnight ( when the function was turned on ) I usually initiate this when I first hear of it, because the thing won’t do it by itself.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Auto update means it will update on its own sweet time. It may be in 48 hours and it may be much longer. Apple does not want a billion devices trying to update in the same window (break the internet! :)).
If you want the update in your own time then as Watchered said you must use the manual process (go into updates and press install updates).

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Auto update means it will update on its own sweet time. It may be in 48 hours and it may be much longer. Apple does not want a billion devices trying to update in the same window (break the internet! :)).
If you want the update in your own time then as Watchered said you must use the manual process (go into updates and press install updates).

On one occasion while the function was still turned on, I had not received an update a fortnight after release. Now I feel that if there is a security component,I would like things to go faster than that!

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
On one occasion while the function was still turned on, I had not received an update a fortnight after release. Now I feel that if there is a security component,I would like things to go faster than that!

Why someone gets it quick and others wait? It’s undefined reasons. In another thread about an AirTag update (no manual update process), I got it a couple of days after release. A lot of people waited multiple weeks. Ultimately the Apple auto update selection process definitely has some black box(witchcraft) to which ones are first and which ones are last.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77