Apple's software updates are breaking things — is it time we delayed installing them?

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
IME Apple has few public release beta testers (in this context beta testers are the general public user base). I typically am a day 1 or 2 OS updater and that’s my own experience, very few issues. But in the server and app support world we shy away from recommending very recently released OS updates unless a feature or patch is very needed. We ultimately say ‘wait for a week or two, let’s see what bugs may come about’. If you’re one of those who e run into bugs on early day iOS updating, let me suggest ‘wait for a week or two, let’s see what bugs may come about’.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’m also “on the beta train”, and aside from bugs discovered while testing beta, I’ve had no issues with the listed features in the article once the official updates release. And I use Apple products in my personal and professional life.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're on beta, you update as soon as it's released. If not on beta, then wait a few days if you don't want to deal with bugs. But even then, there's no guarantee the bugs will be fixed after a couple days.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73