Why so many repetitive notifications?

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Posted about a week ago that I’m brand new to IOS having come from over a decade with Android and Samsung.

iTunes is a nightmare but I’ve been getting the overall hang of IOS now for the last week. Notifications are driving me nuts! Rather than just a single notification of a CC automated payment, I get at least six per day for about three days! Six the day the payment goes through and another four or five during the day, and then another four five or six the next day and a few more the following day! What the hey is going on? Is this normal with IOS or is there some setting that I’m missing? This is getting obnoxious enough to have me reconsidering this 11 Pro Max. Would appreciate some help with this.

I need to add that these notifications are coming to my Samsung Watch Active 2 which is connected via Bluetooth to the 11 Pro Max. I never had this issue when the watch was connected to my Samsung S20+. The watch has no LTE so the notices have to be coming from the phone, but they are only showing up on the watch.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it’s a problem with the Samsung watch or its app on your phone.

Something you could try is unpairing your watch and deleting the app and then reinstalling the app and repairing your watch.

Best of luck.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it’s a problem with the Samsung watch or its app on your phone.

Something you could try is unpairing your watch and deleting the app and then reinstalling the app and repairing your watch.

Best of luck.

Agreed. That is not the normal behavior of iOS or watchOS.

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, here’s the problem, the app is Wallet which only exists on the phone. The other is T-Mobile Tuesday which came from the App Store and doesn’t exist on the watch. The notices have to be being sent from the phone.

Maybe it’s something I did in setup I don’t know. However, yesterday evening I upgraded to IOS 14 beta 5 and the problem has not happened since. So for now I’m not going to worry about unless it starts up again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacker