Why my iphone cant read and play songs through usb while connecting to my car?

mohab95

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
I tried with other usb cable, bur still my friends iphonr can read and play songs, but mine cant. Could it be something with the settings?

atm1522789

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
I have a 2015 Mazda and from the time I got the car which was in May of 2015 I was unable to plug my iPhone in via USB. Works fine in other cars, but not mine.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Bluetooth is good, but the quality is a bit degraded. The bass sounds weird and the entire music as a whole is more quiet.

What kind of Bluetooth were you using? For earbuds or for car stereos? Bluetooth sounds fine for me, and I don’t recall there being any technical specifications for USB that make it better for music. I might be wrong tho, I’m not that up-to-date with USB standards on audio.

Anyway, if other iPhones are working, sounds like it might be just yours. Are you using the latest software? And does audio work in other forms on your device outside your car, like headphones on Bluetooth or wired speakers through the 3.5mm headphone jack? It might be your device, in which case, would have you talk to Apple Support who would tell you to reset and restore. Hope it doesn’t come to that tho

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Can I ask a small question

Do you have music on your iPhone .i mean by that question ,do you have music on iTunes in your phone . I don't mean using a app like Spotify etc .

I phones need music on the phone before you can play music via iTunes or via a app like Spotify or Amazon etc . Hope this helps .

The way your question reads it sounds like your friends have tried their phone in your car and it works ok , and I take it that you have tried your phone in their car

atm1522789

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
What kind of Bluetooth were you using? For earbuds or for car stereos? Bluetooth sounds fine for me, and I don’t recall there being any technical specifications for USB that make it better for music. I might be wrong tho, I’m not that up-to-date with USB standards on audio.

Anyway, if other iPhones are working, sounds like it might be just yours. Are you using the latest software? And does audio work in other forms on your device outside your car, like headphones on Bluetooth or wired speakers through the 3.5mm headphone jack? It might be your device, in which case, would have you talk to Apple Support who would tell you to reset and restore. Hope it doesn’t come to that tho

Bluetooth in the car sounds worse. It just sounds quieter and a little degraded on the quality.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried with other usb cable, bur still my friends iphonr can read and play songs, but mine cant. Could it be something with the settings?

Is there a setting in your car’s infotainment system that may need to be enabled? When you connect your iPhone to your infotainment system via a USB cable, is there an AUX/USB/iPod option to select?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolemite1968