Why my ipad mini 2 have white haze around the screen whenever i turn on and off the screen?

I

iMore Question

Hi, i have ipad mini 2 that suddenly turning weird... one day most of my screen have a white haze or like a broken screen but the part where white haze appear is different each time i turn on and off screen... sometimes entire screen is white with broken screen like... sometimes only around 50% of the center part of the screen...

what making it more weird is... if i turn the screen on for some amount of the time, the white haze will gone and the screen will be okay and alright... but when i turn the screen off, it will start appearing again..

after searching around the website, there is a similar white haze that caused by magnetic cover... but in the problem solved by just removing magnetic cover...

but in this case, it just appear out of nowhere... i have several times experiencing this issue sometimes it just fixed by itself and i haven't go to any technical apple guy (since in my country and my city there is no authorized apple technical service or apple store, most of it only regular computer shop that happen to sell apple devices)

i already do some software related fix like updating to the latest ios (11 now) and also doing hard reset... but it still not fix these problem..

so maybe someone have ever experiencing these issue before and have a fix?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have an iPad Mini 2, and I’ve never experienced anything like that in the two full size iPads I’ve owned. Hopefully, someone who has the iPad Mini 2 and have experience the haze you’ve described will reply soon. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to take it to a nearby Apple Store, if applicable. Also, are you using an iPad cover from Apple?

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i have ipad mini 2 that suddenly turning weird... one day most of my screen have a white haze or like a broken screen but the part where white haze appear is different each time i turn on and off screen... sometimes entire screen is white with broken screen like... sometimes only around 50% of the center part of the screen...

what making it more weird is... if i turn the screen on for some amount of the time, the white haze will gone and the screen will be okay and alright... but when i turn the screen off, it will start appearing again..

after searching around the website, there is a similar white haze that caused by magnetic cover... but in the problem solved by just removing magnetic cover...

but in this case, it just appear out of nowhere... i have several times experiencing this issue sometimes it just fixed by itself and i haven't go to any technical apple guy (since in my country and my city there is no authorized apple technical service or apple store, most of it only regular computer shop that happen to sell apple devices)

i already do some software related fix like updating to the latest ios (11 now) and also doing hard reset... but it still not fix these problem..

so maybe someone have ever experiencing these issue before and have a fix?

I have a mini 2, but am not experiencing anything like that on 11.0.2. Try taking it to any technician if you don’t have an authorized reseller or Apple Store nearby.