Why is my Watch not fully charging?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I ran into issues where I had sudden battery drain for no reason, typical daily use where I would be 80% left at the end of the day and the next I would be 2% by 10am when I put the watch on at 7am with no unusal use. I had to do a full reset and restore to get that issue resolved and lose my achievements. Then I started getting having it only charge to 94% overnight several nights in a row, had to power it off, unpair, repair and then its been fine. OS issues are becoming common place. Still far better than non Google branded phones (which get regular updates) where other Android OEM's due to the Carriers don't get updates. That is a key reason I have stayed with Apple is the updates. Still I expect better from Apple today like we got from the Apple of Steve Jobs, where quality was # 1.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is my Watch not fully charging?

I think this must be what is going on. I put mine on the charger at night, and I see it get to a full ring charged, but by morning it will be between 92% and 98%. It is annoying, but I try not to worry about it, since it is still between 70% and 75% 16 hours later when I put it back on the charger. I'm trying to remind myself that the number that matters is the charge at the end of the day, not the beginning.

I don’t see this as the issue because it doesn’t always happen. It takes several days for this glitch to begin happening which I would think means it’s not supposed to happen. If it was happening every time and on every Apple device including iPhones then sure. But my watch was only charging to 95% but after a reboot it charges to 100%. Is this a huge deal? Not really but it’s still annoying.

nacreous

Jun 3, 2018
Visit site

I had my S3 watch since October ‘17. I never had this problem until the last OS update. I think it’s a bug in the update that Apple needs to fix. Turning it off and back on fixes it for a couple days only. I may call Apple and complain...unless they send a patch soon.

nacreous

Jun 3, 2018
Visit site

I had my S3 watch since October ‘17. I never had this problem until the last OS update. I think it’s a bug in the update that Apple needs to fix. Turning it off and back on fixes it for a couple days only. I may call Apple and complain...unless they send a patch soon.

I think the latest update this week to the OS on Apple Watch might have fixed the battery charging issue, though Apple Inc. has not admitted it, and just said the Apple logo got hung up sometimes when restarting the watch. Apple is a prideful company and does not like to admit something of their own fault. But people will still buy their products for prices way higher than the competition...including me.

CarolM1

Jun 16, 2019
Visit site
Re: Watch doesn’t fully charge?

I was having that issue too. Hasn’t done it in a few days though.

In my case, I tried a combination of three different solutions and it fixed the problem. First, I removed my watch charging cable from the stand I had it in. Then, I unpaired my watch and phone and immediately re-paired it and restored data from the latest backup. Finally, I changed the adapter on the charger and placed my watch on the charger, leaving it to sit on its side with the buttons facing up. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77